Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My climb up Hartmannsweilerkopf (HWK)

egbert

Great photos, as ever.

Where specifically did the aerial cableways start from?

Thank you! Do you know whether there is any evidence remaining in the localities?

Thank you! Do you know whether there is any evidence remaining in the localities?

On/at the HWK the mountain stations are still existent. At Gaede valley station the foundations of the once impressive wooden construction still visible. Both are posted in this thread at first climb. Last Monday I visited the aerial cable way station at Holzwasen (Sudelkopf mountain). It is still up there but collapsed.

I do not want to interrupt this HWK thread, but as the nearby aerial cable ways are of similar construction, I will post a Then&Now picture of the Lauchthal (Bühl) cable way which was absolutely corresponding to those leading up the HWK

THEN

post-80-0-40403500-1412350960_thumb.jpg

Before I reach my main objective Stützpunkt and fortress "Bischofshut", I pass the sheltered position of heavy (mortar) Minenwerfer (MW) Jagst.

Inside the bunker note the mortar mounting

post-80-0-31570000-1412510645_thumb.jpg

Finally reaching my main goal for this trip the "Bischofshut"-fortress system. This picture was taken at appr. the location where the aerial cable way D101 terminated at top of HWK. What you see here is the stairs up into Bischofshut system, this place called "Mümmelmann-Pott" with the platoon leader bunker in sight

post-80-0-58512600-1412590335_thumb.jpg