Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

somme tour 2007

Guest tafski

Guys,

Pheeeewwww!!! finally got to the end of the thread.

A fantastic collection of pictures and I'm glad you had a great time. But my reason for posting is to say a big thanks. I was due to go on this trip but my dad died a few days before the tour began and to make matters worse he died whilst abroad.

After talking to Bruce he told me that you lit a candle to my dads memory whilst you were on the trip and that really touched me. I have no doubt my old man is tickled pink.

Anyway his ashes have been scattered back in his native Wales and I have done everything that he wanted when he died

So come the next trip to the Somme, Ypres, Verdun etc .......... there will be no holding me back.!!!!! Work permitting and of course she who must be obeyed.

A big thanks to all of you again

Martyn

Martyn

thanks for those kind words and it was the least we could have done for you and yer Dad and yer family and with out a shadow of a doubt yer name is top of the list for the next escapade am sure yer indoors will let ye have a pass all the best my friend see you at the next meet in caerleon

kindest regards

tafski

ps if garron reading this smaller wardrobe next time please ;)

:lol: has been noted, and has placed on my service record.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KevinEndon

Did any of the bhoys manage to get a photo of the front of Pozziers Cemetery I could have a copy of please.

Kevin.

I got one of the outside it aint fantastic its of the inscription on the front, you are more then welcome to have a copy,

Gaz

heres the ones i have of Pozziers Cemetery,

post-7438-1179347650.jpg

post-7438-1179347680.jpg

post-7438-1179347705.jpg

Gaz

• 3 weeks later...
heres the ones i have of Pozziers Cemetery,Gaz

It amazes me every time I see Pozieres cemetary,how huge it looks in photos but how much more compact it is when you are there.A truly humbling place,whatever the size.

• 9 months later...
Guest KevinEndon

12 months on and I am going back out to these fantastic places, this time not with the posse but with my wife and two sons. I can only hope for similar weather as to last year and if this trip is half as good as last years then I and the family are onto a winner.

Kevin

I cannot believe its been nearly a year since we were out there, time really does fly.

Have a good time,

Gaz