Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Surrey Recruitment Registers

ChrisC

.....Arthur Tebb G/3523.....

Lindsey

Sorry for the delay, I have had broadband issues!

I have had a look for you and there are two TEBB's listed, BM TEBB & HO TEBB. Sorry, Arthur isn't listed.

Andy

Hi there,

I have a man who was KIA 1st Coldstream 15.09.1916 Sgt. M. Tickner MM (I have his service record). On his obituary it states he was transferred from The Queens prior to the outbreak of the War.

Do you have anything on his service with the Queen's?

Many thanks

CT-Guards

Great website.

Always happy to help anyone with a Surrey interest. If you want I will have a look for ALL of the names on your website when I get back to my laptop later this evening.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the offer, any additional information would be very much appreciated.

Website seems to be growing beyond my expectations. I'm about 40% complete, with about another 30% to add from my own additional database that's without any extra help from other sources.

Look forward in hearing from you.

Best regards

Could you see if Pte 19262 William Hayman 11th Btn East Surrey Regiment is included in the enlistment books please?

Could you see if Pte 19262 William Hayman 11th Btn East Surrey Regiment is included in the enlistment books please?

Sorry to say things have been a bit more hectic than I expected in the last couple of days.

I have not forgotten & will do the look all the ups I promised & any new ones this weekend; unless you need them urgently.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

If the offer still stands, please could you check

Pte Charles Edward White? 2929 / T/207895 formerly 45909 Surrey Yeomanry

From Haslemere, Surrey.

First signed up under age (a week short of his 17th birthday) on 7 Sept 1914, but discharged in Dec 1914. His first service record exists on Ancestry.

We know he must have joined up again later, as he was killed in action on 26 March 1918, but the records for this second stint don't seem to have survived, so it would be interesting to know if the register throws any light on it.

Thanks in advance if you are able to help.

Eirian

• 5 weeks later...

Are you still looking for people to research? If you could look up information on -

Pte Henry Charles EPPS b. 2nd Mrch 1889 d. 26th April 1915 (F&F)

Reg No G/2013 - 2nd Btn East Surrey Reg.

i'd be really grateful. He lived in Wandsworth for most of his life (Armoury Yard) so i am presuming he lived here when he signed up. I understand he singed up in Aug 1914.

ANY information you could give me would be amazingly helpful. He was my great grandfather and I am so keen to build a picture of him in my head. He currently only exists as a hand written letter to his brother and as various b/d/m certificates. I have a photo of a man in civvy dress and i THINK it could be him but knowing some of his 'particulars' might help me confirm!

Many thanks

Jo

Simon

Is this him? He's the only one that resembles the details you've listed.

Regards

Steve

post-1432-1246317445.jpg

Pte Charles Edward White? 2929 / T/207895 formerly 45909 Surrey Yeomanry

Eirian

Can't see anybody who matches the details listed.

Regards

Steve

Pte Henry Charles EPPS b. 2nd Mrch 1889 d. 26th April 1915 (F&F)

Reg No G/2013 - 2nd Btn East Surrey Reg.

Jo

Only Henry Epps listed is this one....

Regards

Steve

post-1432-1246318022.jpg

I have just come to this forum and I am wondering if you are still able to do look ups. I have an Alfred Thomas Birch born approx 1883 in Surrey. He was a Royal Fusilier - is he in your list?

Thank you in advance for your time.

I have an Alfred Thomas Birch born approx 1883 in Surrey. He was a Royal Fusilier

Sorry, I can't see anybody who matches the details listed.

Regards

Steve

Simon

Is this him? He's the only one that resembles the details you've listed.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

thank you very much for looking this up for me, it is much appreciated.

Simon.

Sorry, I can't see anybody who matches the details listed.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Would you kindly look up my Great Uncle, John James Ernest BAGG, 8th East Surreys?

kind thanks in advance,

Richie.

John James Ernest BAGG, 8th East Surreys?

Richie

This looks like him.

Regards

Steve

post-1432-1247350596.jpg

Hi Steve,

Could you please look up my Grandfather John Deal and his brother William Deal, there may have also have been a James Deal.

Both John and William were in the RFA, if there is a James Deal not sure what he might have served in, they lived in the Camberwell/Dulwich area.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers.

Stuart

Could you please look up my Grandfather John Deal and his brother William Deal, there may have also have been a James Deal.

Both John and William were in the RFA, if there is a James Deal not sure what he might have served in, they lived in the Camberwell/Dulwich area.

Stuart

Sorry, there is only an R. Deal listed, no John, William or James.

Regards

Steve

Anything on Robert Bradford please?

Nigel

Any use?

Regards

Steve

post-1432-1247691113.jpg

As per the other thread :D , again many thanks Steve. Not un-common in those days, but interesting that he followed in his father's trade of carpentry.

NigelS