Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1921 Census (E&W*) - some info. on updates etc. [NOT SEARCH QUERIES]

TGM

• 1 month later...

Findmypast have now introduced a subscription, available only on a 12 moths basis, which includes unlimited access to the 1921 Census, called the Premium Subscription, price £199.99 for 12 months.

The  next level underneath is the Pro subscription at £179.99 for which you still have to pay for the Census records. (I previously had the "British Records" only, which is no longer available, and the difference between that subscription and the Pro subscription is considerable)

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/upgrade?plan-ids=1092 (This shows the difference between Pro and Premium) -  not sure if everyone will see the same

Maureen

3 hours ago, MaureenE said:

Findmypast have now introduced a subscription, available only on a 12 moths basis, which includes unlimited access to the 1921 Census, called the Premium Subscription, price £199.99 for 12 months.

The  next level underneath is the Pro subscription at £179.99 for which you still have to pay for the Census records. (I previously had the "British Records" only, which is no longer available, and the difference between that subscription and the Pro subscription is considerable)

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/upgrade?plan-ids=1092 (This shows the difference between Pro and Premium) -  not sure if everyone will see the same

Maureen

They did a consultation exercise a short while ago...I think that not enough people are paying to access the 1921 census, I haven't used it myself as in my view the price was set too high with too little discount for those of us who have had annual subscriptions for years. They asked what price band would you be prepared to pay to upgrade, I assume £20 was the price most agreed to.

I have a lot of time for Findmypast, they are the best IMO for UK research but are playing catchup with Ancestry on the DNA side, they are trying hard though...the 1921 census access must have cost a significant amount of money .