Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Glass Stereo photos

morrisc8

1 hour ago, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

Hardcore indeed!

Yes - and I'm still shifting some of it from our garden over there!

• 1 month later...

I have just looked back to when i started putting the stereo photos up and quite a few are now missing, i have tried to put some of them back.

Great collection, thanks for sharing these

Thank you .I hoped that they might be as the french flew 150 of the B type and about 75 of the C type seaplanes .They are the types I am interested in at the moment and some close ups of french seaplanes are great for me

5 hours ago, GROBBY said:

Im from Maldon but North East London before that. I hope you are enjoying your move .

We love it here in central Portugal..  Been to Maldon a few times.

I have been to Portugal on a tour of battlefields of the Peninsular war and Lisbon but dont know much about the rest of the country .I retired here and also work at Stow Maries a first war airdrome. 

53 minutes ago, GROBBY said:

I have been to Portugal on a tour of battlefields of the Peninsular war and Lisbon but dont know much about the rest of the country .I retired here and also work at Stow Maries a first war airdrome. 

Hi Grobby,

I have been to  Stow Maries many times and have a quite a few photos of it and i used to camp there as a Army cadet in the 1970/80s, we all so took our old ww2  military truck to shows there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2023 at 23:44, morrisc8 said:

One more from my collection.  weapons rest on the tree

stereo ww1 guns. french.JPG

stereo ww1 guns. french.mortor.JPG

Evacuation of wounded, Eparges 25/3/15. This battle between French and German armies lasted 3 months, Feb- April 1915. Endless attacks and counter attacks under appalling conditions for little gain in ground.

Best French account by one who was there is 'Ceux de 14' by Maurice Genevoix. Discussed on other threads.

Edited by charlie962

One more from my collection. Camo nets along the road. Sorry to say after i took the photo i broke it as it fell onto the floor and is no more.

ww1 stereo cammo g2.jpg

ww1 stereo camo.JPG

ww1 stereo cammo colour.jpg

On 09/11/2023 at 08:09, morrisc8 said:

Sorry to say after i took the photo i broke it as it fell onto the floor and is no more.

O dear, oh dear, oh dear.