Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Front line trench model

AndrewBelsey

In case you're open for new ideas, I'd suggest a German two-man patrol with wirecutters observing by the wire. Might be a difficult job and of course there's always the danger that work becomes too 'stuffy', but could be worth a try.

Landsturn, Funny you should suggest that? I've just added a couple of Germans by the wire. The Lewis gunner spotted them before they cut the wire though!

Simply OUTSTANDING

• 5 months later...

After a gap of several months, I've started to finish off my model. I've mainly been adding the 7mm high figures which bring it to life.

post-18209-1266844725.jpg

Here one of my Latrines with it's occupants and a couple of ration carriers passing by.

If you haven't visited the photobucket site which shows the model from design to current state then do so. If you were impressed by the results you'll be even more staggered by the processes involved. Brilliant.

post-18209-1266846245.jpg

A work party repairing some reccent shell damage. Their shirts add some colour to a pretty dull model. I will try to add some more images to my Photobucket collection tommorrow.

great model, its a great way to understand the trench design.

I can inmagine how disorienting it would be in the trench when you first arrive at it.

though I guess you'd only be manning 100 or so yards.

Make me want to shrink and have a run around.

nice work.

I can't believe that I've not seen this thread before, absolutely superb work, thanks for sharing.

Roy

I have been made redundant this morning, so I don't know what the future holds? I am attempting to change my settings so I can access this from home. Hopefully I'll get back soon, but if it goes quiet, that's why.

This is a tremendous accomplishment. I have been away from the forum for several weeks so was delighted last night to see your progress for the first time. I also read of your unfortunate news and so wish you all the best. You have tremendous talent, skill and an eye for detail, colour and nuance. Have you considered featuring it on one of the military modelling sites such as Missing Lynx or Armorama? Many work in progress dioramas are featured and this one definitely ranks up there with "awesome". Getting your work out there on the web may help.

Cheers to you and good luck.

peter

I have been following this thread for some time, awe-struck by the modelling.

Now....your bad news. "Nil desperandum carborundum"

Redundancy isn't the end of the world......just a new opportunity to explore. I was made redundant in 2007, after over 30 years teaching. There is no demand for teachers over 50, so was left wondering whatever to do to try to fill the void until pension age.

I now have the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD. As a battlefield tour guide, I am still teaching, but the classroom is a bit bigger. It doesn't pay much (just enough to augment the redundancy pay) but I get paid to stand under the Menin Gate at 8, and to visit many of the places on God's earth I love most.

So....have a good think....what else would you rather do than the job that you have just left? Make up your mind.....and go for it!

Bruce

Its great to see you progress with the model. Its a brilliant piece.

Really sorry to hear your news about the job. Good luck finding a new one.

My redundancy has been put on hold until the end of April and they're having a big rethink about the whole thing!! It's been an emotional rollercoaster that got me praying, and appears to be turning out OK? I'm an architectural modelmaker, and my dream job would be to work for a museum doing this type of model. Only God knows what my future holds, but its a bit rosier!? Thanks for your encouragements. I may have time to continue next week, but life is too busy at the moment.

Great news and i wish you all the best!

I am myself an avid AFV modeller but certainly not at your skill level. It has been a real joy to watch your diorama take form and develop and i look forward to more of your posts.

Cheers and Good Luck

peter