Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Front line trench model

AndrewBelsey

Best wishes for the future.

This is absolutely staggering !

Mick

This is a great message -cross fingers that everything goes well after April. And once again, great modelling here!

Andy,

Your work is simply superb, I do hope that one day you do get your dream job!

Cheers,

Hendo

• 3 weeks later...

post-18209-1269437259.jpg

I've managed to laser engrave a labelled drawing on an acrylic sheet. This sits over my model on its lid to explain what's going on beneath.

post-18209-1269437593.jpg

Have now run out of superlatives entirely. Well, almost - magnificent.

• 5 months later...

Hi there, I don't have much spare time these days and the model is on hold. It's nearly completed, but I have 2 dugouts to detail and finish off the electrics which light them. I have work, which I'm thankful for, but I'm too busy to finish off the model - One day!

Hi there, I don't have much spare time these days and the model is on hold. It's nearly completed, but I have 2 dugouts to detail and finish off the electrics which light them. I have work, which I'm thankful for, but I'm too busy to finish off the model - One day!

Hi there Andy,

Wow...I only just found this topic about your trench model.

It's fantastic, a real credit to you...time, patience, and huge talent !

I hope you can see your way clear to eventually finish it.

Incredible stuff mate.

Cheers

Wig

After your employment troubles it's nice to hear you've got work! Would an entity like Bovington Tank Museum or the IWM not be interested in a diorama like yours? Just so it gets the recognition it deserves.

• 2 months later...

I'm still too busy to finish off my model but have some more photos for you. I played around with a mirror to extend the view.post-18209-009579800 1292020909.jpg

Superb Andy! where do you get your patience from?

regards

Tom

I have left various comments through the thread and this still amazes me.

I have been known to sit, stare and dribble. laugh.gif It's just incredible, and I think the mirror effect in the photo above just tops it off.

Cheers Andy.

Great photos of a superb piece of work, Andy. Newer pals joining the thread at this point may not realise the microscopic scale of this model - perhaps you could post a photo including some everyday object for comparison.

Fantastic achicvement, you really have an eye (with bloody good eyesight) for the details, brings the model (dare I call it a MODEL ?) to an almost photograghic state.

What are you planing on doing with it when it's finished ?

Grant

post-18209-092827000 1292167686.jpg

Here's me holding my model to show how big it is. I'm not sure where it will go eventually when finished. The National Army Museum don't deal with loans and the Imperial War Museum didn't reply to my email. It lives in my loft for now until I finish it!

post-18209-073815400 1292168887.jpg

Here'e the model a bit closer. The front line is at the top, with the support line at the bottom. I made it a bit irregular on purpose, as most of the aerials of trenches are quite confusing and other models look as if they were designed by the Grenadier Guards!

Good to see 'the artist as easel', Andy. I was thinking of a photo with something like a coin or a pencil placed on the detail of the model to show just how tiny the individual features are.

Wow...Andy, damn that's impressive ! It's a shame the Imperial War Museum haven't replied to you.

There has to be a museum or facility that would put it on display ?

Maybe get the word out, and ask here on the forum ?

Can't wait to see the end result...keep at it mate !

Cheers

Wig