Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Front line trench model

AndrewBelsey

I note the 'white spoil' around trenches etc ... am I right in thinking that you are modelling a 'Somme sector'?

My hat goes off to APB and Desmond7! The model really great, am looking forward to seeing more photos of your work.

Desmond7... fare play in saying the Somme. Amazing recognition!!!

• 1 month later...

I've started to colour my model at last. (I needeed a break after cladding all those trenches and I didn't have a corporal breathing down my neck!) There is still a lot to do and I haven't added grass, debris, figures, etc. yet. This is just a small section and I've got to get the majority to this stage, so it still has a long way to go.

As a fellow model-maker, I appreciate the amount of craftsman work that goes into making this kind of thing - and especially in this incredibly tiny scale. Hundreds and hundreds of hours. Hopefully most of them enjoyable for you - just Zen-ing-out. :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work and thanks for posting!

All the best,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just got back to work after being ill for a month with rheumatoid arthritus, so the model has been out of the question. I hope to have time and the ability to carry on over Christmas and will post some more photos when I can. Thanks for all the complements.

Keep up the good work

i agree!

Amazing stuff! The tiny Vickers is incredible!

• 4 weeks later...

After lots of drugs that I'd rather not take, I'm able to work on my model again. I am currently putting 'washes' on the woodwork, sandbags, corrugated iron, etc. You'll see from the photo that the base coats are about half done but I will add lots of local variations. Then I will add soil, chalk and grass. Eventually trees, hedgerows, debris, figures, wire, etc. There's still a lot to do! but I'm on the case again.

Andy

Nice job indeed - not sure which I admire most, your patience, expertise or eyesight!

At the risk of sounding 'gushing' ... that is a brilliant effort. Keep up the finger cramping work ... classic.

Des

post-18209-1232374568.jpg

Here's another photo against my fingers so you can see the scale!

Andy.This is all brilliant but its time to come clean with the good folks & tell 'em that you are really 86 ft. tall :D .

Excellent stuff.

Dave.

Good Work That Man.

I certainly enjoy this thread and admire your work greatly.

Regards,

EoB.

Hi Andy

Seeing this for the first time, I just wanted to add my name to the list of the Very Impressed. What a fantastic piece of work.

Best wishes,

W.

You have an outstanding skill. The close ups are really impressive. I have some 1:300 WWI figures that need a home, so if you are feeling generous when you've finished....

• 2 weeks later...