Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Queens Own Cameron Highlanders

Rob Bulloch

On 13/11/2009 at 14:58, Rob Bulloch said:

Lynne.

Gilbert Hamilton Pte S/18404 Born Old Cumnock enlisted Old Cumnock Ayrshire. He is on the Honour Roll for the 5th Battalion Camerons. I also noticed S/18272 Pte Hugh Hamilton 5th Cameron KIA 25/10/1918 Born Old Cumnock Ayrshire enlisted Old Cumnock. Is he by any chance a relative of your G Grandfather? If you go to the "Scottish War Memorial" site you will see both names on the Cumnock Memorial in fact there is another Hamilton on the Memorial, Pte John Hamilton RSF.

Aye Rob.

On 22/04/2014 at 09:32, Guest LesleyPHSB said:

Dear Lynne4022,

Would like to get in touch. Our grandmother (born 1899) was your greatgrandfather's (and Hugh Hamilton's) youngest sister, making them our great uncles. Gran died nearly 25 years ago. Please let me know if this reaches you. Although this may be a long shot as your last post here was in 2009.

Lesley Saunderson and cousins.

I know this is a very old post and an incredibly long shot given some of the conversation came from guest accounts, but I am currently in possession of the Victory Medal for S/18272 Pte. H. Hamilton Camerons. Please feel free to contact me for a reunite 

• Admin

Neither Lesley or Lynne are members here any longer. We won’t hold any contact information for them.