Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Lists

stiletto_33853

List WH.585

post-1871-1246922607.jpg

Diane

I found another one at Kew today. All Loyal North Lancs and King's Liverpool men. Having difficulty compressing the image to post on the forum.

Can I email you the image direct? PM me your email address if so.

Regards

Mike S

List H.124

post-1871-1247179879.jpg

List HB.200

post-1871-1247276453.jpg

List HB.450

post-1871-1247276690.jpg

List 25678

post-1871-1247297914.jpg

POW's

post-1871-1247298152.jpg

List HB.575

post-1871-1247353870.jpg

List HB.566

post-1871-1247391069.jpg

Thanks, Andy. Brand new information of use to me one there!

Steve.

No problem Steve, you need the full size list??

Andy

List H.149

post-1871-1247445602.jpg

List 27328

post-1871-1247446104.jpg

Hi,

The fact that such records were made and that some still exist has intensified my research as to the casualty details of a particular group of men.

The men were of 11th Bn East Yorkshire Regiment April 1918.If anyone has these document details or can point me in the right direction then it would be much appreciated.Probably something to do with the York Record Office but I cannot find any National Archives or Ancestry information.I know from SDGW that some 55 men were KIA on 12/4/18 and I have their details but there must have been many many more wounded.I am interested in the details of the actual men and not just the casualty statistics.The most intensive period was probably 12th-14th April but there would have been others later in the month.

As hospital records were also made, then possibly someone may have the casualty entry details of the 2nd Australian Hospital Wimereaux 14/4/18 ?.This is more of a personal enquiry.

Both enquiries are a bit of a long shot but there is nothing to lose.A really splendid topic for those needing such particular details and a worthy effort by those spending their time on such research.Well done Andy and all the others involved.

George.

Andy: would you have anything on 3/3514 Pte. John MacMillan 7 Cameron Highlanders - wounded at least twice? Antony

Anthony,

If he is not on one of these lists or Diane's database based on these lists then no. These are placed on here as and when we come across them.

Andy

Anthony,

If he is not on one of these lists or Diane's database based on these lists then no. These are placed on here as and when we come across them.

Andy

Thanks, Andy - and for what you're doing with the lists. John's records were among the "burnt" so I'm still trying to patch holes in my research. Antony

Hi Andy,

I was wondering if you could help me please.

I am doing some research on one of my ancestors Gunner James Ferrier 230th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery.

Do you have any mention of casualties from 230th Siege Battery for the 08/10/1917 or in the days after.

On the 08/10/17 James was wounded along with seven others and one was killed when their battery was shelled by the Germans.

James later died of his wounds in 6 General Hospital in Le Treport. (16/10/17)

I have read the 230th's War Diary at Kew and they do not give the names of the casualties.

If you do not have any info on the above could you point me in the right direction please.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry I cannot help you in your quest. The lists that have been placed here have all been found in soldiers records and have been placed here as and when I have found them. Most of these have been found in the records of Rifle Brigade men, and, I am sure that there are many many more in soldiers records of other regiments.

Andy

Hi Paul,

Sorry I cannot help you in your quest. The lists that have been placed here have all been found in soldiers records and have been placed here as and when I have found them. Most of these have been found in the records of Rifle Brigade men, and, I am sure that there are many many more in soldiers records of other regiments.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks.

Paul

List 27536

post-1871-1248667851.jpg

List H.882

post-1871-1248729367.jpg

Just a curious question....there seems to be no entries in all the posts for any soldier of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. Is this because of the particular soldier's files that were used or is there another list for the Regiment? I know that my three relatives were all wounded or ill several times during the war and I would appreciate any help in finding out where to look for them on casualty lists.

I have to say, after searching each post, that this is a remarkable amount of data and research for someone to have undertaken!

thanks,

shawn

Hi Shawn

It is the luck of the draw I'm afraid as the lists are found in soldiers records that sometimes have nothing to do with the Regiments on that list. There must have been a paper shortage and, I'm lead to believe, these lists were re-used