Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Lists

stiletto_33853

Another of these POW lists has come to light, still trying to make the details out, so will add to this post as and when we can transcribe this list which is difficult to make out in places.

Some of the names listed are:-

TOWLER, Thomas, 2nd Border Regiment

TIBBY, Thomas, Middlesex Regiment

TAUBMANN, Robert, 2nd Royal Lancasters

TRAIN, Reginald, 12th Londons

VIISEY, John, Royal Lancasters

WYATT, Frederick, 1st Monmouthshire Regr

WISHART, James, 15th Canadian Regt

WOGAN, William, Royal Irish Rifles

WADAWORTH, William, KOYLI

WINATONE, Herbert Reginald, East Kent Regt.

Andy

post-1871-1248805444.jpg

Hi Shawn

It is the luck of the draw I'm afraid as the lists are found in soldiers records that sometimes have nothing to do with the Regiments on that list. There must have been a paper shortage and, I'm lead to believe, these lists were re-used

Thanks Diane for that information. I will see if I can find anything in my files or web links to add to these impressive posts.

shawn

After the plea for help -

TAUBMAN, Robert Q, 2 KORL, GSW R Thigh. Reserve-Lazarett

THOMAS, Alfred, 8 Middlesex, Brugge

THOMPSON, Alfred, 3 Cheshire, Wounded Head – Posterior. Reserve-Lazarett Diakonenanstalt

TIBBY, Thomas, Middlesex, Trans from Festungs-Lazarett VI to Gefangenenlager Stendal

TOWLER, Thomas, 2 Borders, GSW R Thigh. Trans from Mons to Festungs-Lazarett IV

TRAIN, Reginald Babington, 12 London, ??? Hand. Reserve-Lazarett Duisburg Diakonenanstalt

TURLEY, Albert, Monmouthshire, GSW R Thigh. Reserve-Lazarett 5 Hannover

VISEY, John, KORL, GSW R Thigh. Kriegslaz 127/11 Iseghem

WADSWORTH, William, KOYLI, GSW Knee. Kriegslaz Iseghem

WELLINGS, William Thomas, Northumberland Fusiliers, GSW L Hand, ??? and Face. Kriegslaz 127/11 Iseghem

WILGOSE, William Henry, 3 Yorks & Lancs, Flesh Wound. Kriegslaz Iseghem

WILKINS, Charles, 7 Canadian, Kriegslaz 127/11 Iseghem. ???? Transport Train

WINSTONE, Herbert Reginald, 3 East Kent, SW R Thigh and R Arm. Lazarett 12 AK Winkel St

WISHART, James, 15 Canadian, GSW Fractured Lower R Leg. Marine-Lazarett Hamburg

WOGAN, William, 9 Royal Irish Rifles, GSW L Thigh. Marine-Lazarett Hamburg

WYATT, Frederick, 1 Monmouthshire, Wounded Head, L Arm. Reserve-Lazarett Duisburg Diakonenanstalt

Stuart - PPCLI has, yet again, posted an updated list [up to the end of page 11] on his website. Unfortunately this arrangement cannot continue much longer without causing stress and anxiety to Stuart and his host.

Would there be any members who might volunteer a corner of their sites?

Also I have separated the POWs onto a separate sheet but they are still included in 'Name A to Z'.

Stuart - PPCLI has, yet again, posted an updated list [up to the end of page 11] on his website. Unfortunately this arrangement cannot continue much longer without causing stress and anxiety to Stuart and his host.

Would there be any members who might volunteer a corner of their sites?

Also I have separated the POWs onto a separate sheet but they are still included in 'Name A to Z'.

Diane,

I can hopefully find space on the Roll of Honour site? What sort of size are we talking about?

Had a look at the spreadsheet and I could possibly turn this into a searchble online database.

Hi Martin

It is getting close to 6 Mb. That would be marvellous if you could host it [and accept an updated list from time to time ^_^ ]

Diane,

PM me with an email address... I'll have a go at makiong it into a searchable database tonight.. much easier to use then..

Martin,

Thats very good of you and thank you very much, much appreciated.

Andy

The Spreadsheet is now downloadable from http://www.roll-of-honour.com/ and http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Army/ It is 10.1 meg in size!

List HA.12589

post-1871-1249707886.jpg

List HA.10094

post-1871-1249710462.jpg

List HA. 12377

post-1871-1249715718.jpg

List HW.576

post-1871-1249729373.jpg

List HA. 12488

post-1871-1249797767.jpg

post-16373-1249825301.jpg

Do you want a copy, Diane?

Andy

List 21278 continued

post-1871-1250030863.jpg

Sorry to interject but does anyone have details of HA6978 24th Jan 1917 (it could be HA6478) and HA6646 7th Feb 1917, looking for details on Frederick William Webber 251899

Many thanks

Miffycat2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kit_penn

stiletto_33853

I have been trying to track down information about my Grandfathers service in the war and only knew his regimental No. from medals and his Silver War Badge No. Having found the info from this blog I have now a much better idea about his movements. However I believe you have further information that you may be able to give me. My Gradfather is - SMITH, J.R., No. R/1356, 10th KRRC. Silver War Badge 258085. Any info you can give me would be a great help. Do you know if the list date List HB.332, 28th June 1916 is the date it was compiled or the date he was injured?

Many thanks, Kit