Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Lists

stiletto_33853

post-6340-0-17346500-1331816905.jpg

post-6340-0-01020400-1331817093.jpg

post-6340-0-82175100-1331817607.jpg

Jeepers, Stuart, I'm going to be typing all day tomorrow with that lot! Only one duplication that I can see so far and that is the 1st list in #377. Ta everso :thumbsup:

Hi Diane,

I have removed the duplicated list. Yes, I had a bit of a build up of lists and today was the day that I had an hour spare to sort them out and upload. Sorry about all that typing!

I used to hold a copy of your list on my web site, but is it now only held on the Roll of Honour site? Just asking because it states that it was last updated in July 2009. There must be several hundred/thousand entries added since then.

Cheers,

Stuart

Once I have updated it I shall wing a copy to you. The Roll of Honour site is the only place that it is displayed on but, as you noted, it is July 2009.

There are over 4,000 entries...

Great thread not sure how I have managed to miss this one, anyway I have three(do not think they duplicated in this thread but I am sure I have posted them elsewhere on the forum)

Annette

Here is second one

third

Hi Diane

Do you know what the reports in post 306, which you posted on behalve of hmsk212, are - they look like they are bound in book form like the medal rolls & S.W.B. vols ?

Annette

Hi Annette,

Some of the SWB rolls (the D/A/ set) compiled at the Hamilton office used recycled copies of casualty lists. I think that there are actually more than those uploaded on post #306. In fact, if you can access Ancestry's SWB set, then a browse of the Infantry (Hamilton) section and the DA 0401-0794 subset from image 255 should show them all.

Stuart

Cheers Diane & Stuart, I downloaded the K.S.L.I. S.W.B. Vols the other month and noticed that on the backs of some pages were odd bits of info. like men's address, so the(Hamilton) section (DA 0401-0794)contain's casualty list (wonder what else is contained in other rolls), shame I only took out month's Ancestry's subs this time, o well there's alway the library.

Thanks

Annette

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Am just starting to make my way through all the lists.

However, maybe someone out there can short-circuit it for me!

I'm looking for a Private John (Thomas) Ryan -- possibly known as Jack -- who was wounded & mustard-gassed. I have no other details (no date, regiment, or soldier number, sorry).

Would be very grateful for any help.

I have the casualty reports from the Times for middle April to middle May 1915 (and get any others needed from the Times) if anyone wants a copy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This one may be of interest - found in the service papers of Gunner 2401 (later No. 353552) Mark Dunnings:

post-2839-0-83256000-1354658547_thumb.jp

All the best

Steve