Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Geordie Skins

Desmond7

Guest Jimmy Knacky
No, you said: "Felling has never ever been in the Jarrow constituency."

This is incorrect.

As to the Orange Lodge in Hebburn - I haven't been in the Bentinck since the late 1960's so I can't comment upon the regulars who drink in there today. However, the following website seems to indicate that there is still a functioning lodge in Hebburn,

http://www.freewebs.com/district46/

and if you visit this site you can see a picture of the Hebburn Apprentice Boys. Maybe you will recognise some of them.

http://www.freewebs.com/fife/locallodges.htm

Patrick

Yes I begged to differ till I was proven wrong by Graham........

As happens from time to time I was found wanting.....but I have learnt from it (read all the posts)

And as was proven they were from Felling in the Jarrow constituency not Jarrow in the Jarrow constituency.

And yes there are still a dozen old Orange lodge members from Hebburn who parade from time to time......

And what's wrong with that if it keeps them happy.

They drink quite happily in the Bentinck afterwards with Catholics......

We have never had a sectarian divide here on South Tyneside

Catholics and Protestants have always got on well here......

The majority of families in Jarrow and Hebburn today of mixed faiths

So no sectarianism here, is there

Are you trying to paint a different picture to what it is like, Patrick, hoping to stir up a bit of bigotry?

As with your website: The IRA in Jarrow - 1920-1923 last updated 3rd November 2005

• 2 years later...

Here I have went one better the first 10 names on the covenant they signed in 1912 I have checked the 1910 householders record for jarrow

So here goes 2 years before the signing...........

And the first ten on the covenant are all males........

JARROW HOUSEHOLDER 1910

Hadden George Hamilton no record of him

Try the birth records for june july august 1875 (page 965)for George Hamilton Hadden,Gateshead district!less likely is the George Hamilton Hadden born september 1903 in Gateshead,who would have been 9.you'll find them all on the 1901 census living in the St.Mary district of......FELLING!!!!1 down,64 to go.

no political axe to grind,just some of my lot were Haddens from Cumberland,Northumberland,by way of Scotland.Still loads of them up there.

Andy.