Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Deactivation of weapons regulations

flers1916

Henry Krank Company have posted on their website the following statement :

'From March 1st 2016 the UK Law specifying how guns are deactivated will change. Currently deactivated guns have moving parts, after March 1st 2016 all guns that are deactivated will have no moving parts at all and will be welded solid. This is your last chance to buy a deactivated gun with moving parts, after March 1st 2016 you will be able to keep your deactivated gun but you will no longer be able to buy them.'

Is this correct?

I received an email from Henry Krank a few days ago offering up to 40% discount on deactivated weapons from stock, this did not mention any forthcoming legislation.

Mike.

It's actually worse. I think mr a rank is economic in what he says? If it comes to pass any deactivated auto will be banned is Vickers, Lewis, Brens, Sten's, MP 40s etc etc.

Henry Krank Company have posted on their website the following statement :

'From March 1st 2016 the UK Law specifying how guns are deactivated will change. Currently deactivated guns have moving parts, after March 1st 2016 all guns that are deactivated will have no moving parts at all and will be welded solid. This is your last chance to buy a deactivated gun with moving parts, after March 1st 2016 you will be able to keep your deactivated gun but you will no longer be able to buy them.'

Is this correct?

Hi

why would they change the current deactivation specifications and then ban them. It would be purely illogical as there would be no need for the change and as you wouldn't buy or sell them. The new deactivation specifications are changing in 2016 as you have said to remove any moving parts and these are far in excess of the requirements which Europe are introducing. As for the economic impact upon dealers there would probably have to be some form of compensation scheme, non of the gun traders I know have said about this.

regards

Ok ignore me. Read the directive published 18/11/15. Not all will be banned but automatic guns deactivated will.

TT

Re compensation

They can get around this....

1. Lawful act or legislated thro EU parliament.

2. Public interest. Politicians decide this but we'll need I say more?

TT

I don't think it will be long before me and the old Girl are seperated

post-49107-0-77766700-1450032239_thumb.j

One wonders just how much of a de-activated Vickers will need to be surrendered, clearly not the tripod or cross head.

if the definition of a firearm refers to the pressure bearing parts, it may be possible to keep major components.

At least our politicians will sleep more soundly in their beds safe in the knowledge that the citizens are no longer able to keep 100 year old scrap.

What did a Vickers cost during WW1, £15 wasn't it?

I would urge you all to sign the online petition if you have not done so, this a very ill conceived knee jerk reaction "to prevent further Paris style attacks in Europe".... I just cant get my head around that! (as they used illegally smuggled weapons from Eastern Europe)

Reading the proposals they just are utter nonsense.

You could always argue that section 58(2) would cover possession of all GW era firearms, automatic or not, deactivated or not. The police and Home Office will tell you no, but - thank God - some of our courts and judges will still apply the law.

So Ladies and Gentlemen who is starting the petition to ensure that WW1 weapons that are now 100 years old are saved from this silly direction ?

Tripod and cross heads will be ok . That's rubbish though. Re petition already commenced but it's flopping. Across whole of Europe less than 260000 signatures. A petition to ban trump from uk hit 300000 in 48 hours!

Get ready to see all Vickers Lewis and mg08 s scrapped?

Tripod and cross heads will be ok . That's rubbish though. Re petition already commenced but it's flopping. Across whole of Europe less than 260000 signatures. A petition to ban trump from uk hit 300000 in 48 hours!

Get ready to see all Vickers Lewis and mg08 s scrapped?

I'd say Mr Trump was a greater threat to our safety and security than WW1 weaponry!!

Is this the result of a Euro dictat, or did our own dicktats decide it?

The latest Euro dictat....

Sadly I think you are right. I wonder if those fortunate enough to own deacts covered by the ban will be left to keep them un-molested. They are not registered so doing so would be most difficult.

David your probably right? The only hope is that the EU Directive covers much much more than de ac regs. The whole gun / shooting / hunting community will be affected. I believe the Finnish and Czech Govts are not happy. We will see?

TT

David your probably right? The only hope is that the EU Directive covers much much more than de ac regs. The whole gun / shooting / hunting community will be affected. I believe the Finnish and Czech Govts are not happy. We will see?

TT

Slightly off topic but it may be of interest and value. The official figures of "Firearms" offences committed in the UK. These figures prove that banning legal ownership of any type has no effect at all on reducing "gun" crime. Note the large number of handgun offences....they have been banned for nearly 20 years.

I wonder how many times a Vickers or Bren were used.... I think we can guess.

The myth of "reactivation" is also rife, even within the ludicrousness that is the museum world. Any mention of the ease at which this can be done boils my blood, especially when it comes from the mouths of so called experts.

12313883_10153250447286824_7982154435287

This is not a 'euro diktat'. It can't be. The EU doesn't diktat anything. All legislation is agreed to by the member states and it is their governments which pass it.

It may well be that in this case, I can't be bothered to look it up (but go to EUROLEX if you want to see what the legislation actually says) but the British government is notorious for 'goldplating' - their term, not mine . EU legislation i.e. if the EU was to legislate that the maximum speed on motorways was 80 m.p.h the British government could say that a man with a red flag had to walk in front of each car. Believe not what you are told is EU legislation; have a look at it.

Yes, I know this is politics, but after 30 + years working in the Commission and having British (and other) politicians agreeing to legislation and then enacting something far more restrictive and then blaming the Commission, I have just about had a belly full.

Dear All,

In case anyone is interested they can visit the NRA website here;

http://www.nra.org.uk/

If you go to the top centre column and look under "Recent News" you will see details of the letter of objection sent on behalf of the NRA.

Regards,

Michael.

In other words you are describing what is effectively a diktat produced by the EU which is simply accepted by a lily liveried governments and - oh yes - gold plated by any government. Same old, same old, and effectively a diktat. It must be hell for those on the gravy train, of which I am sure you are not one of course.