Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2014 - fifth speaker announced

AlanCurragh

Alan - hopefully you will receive a cheque from a member of WFA Hants any day now following a circulation among members. He contacted me to confirm your address for payment by cheque.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Curragh has kindly given me the nod to have a table where I can sell some books. I have about 100 titles to bring, mostly recent or very recent, that I do not wish to keep and for which I don't have room. There are a few older ones in there too. All are in A1 condition. The revenue will go to provide a donation to GWF and also to the current project to erect a memorial to the Battle of Bellewaarde in June 1915. So, conference-goers, do make sure you are in buying mood and have plenty of cash!

For those staying at the Premier Inn, Hagley Road (or nearby); are we meeting in the bar at the Beefeater early Friday evening, then getting a taxi down to the Old Contemptibles ?

Alan Curragh has kindly given me the nod to have a table where I can sell some books. I have about 100 titles to bring, mostly recent or very recent, that I do not wish to keep and for which I don't have room. There are a few older ones in there too. All are in A1 condition. The revenue will go to provide a donation to GWF and also to the current project to erect a memorial to the Battle of Bellewaarde in June 1915. So, conference-goers, do make sure you are in buying mood and have plenty of cash!

Get behind me Satan!

David

Chris

You won't be the only one with some books to sell, so let's hope all those coming bring loads of dosh. There will be the Christmas cards as well, post early for christmas will be our new motto.

Keith

For those staying at the Premier Inn, Hagley Road (or nearby); are we meeting in the bar at the Beefeater early Friday evening, then getting a taxi down to the Old Contemptibles ?

Can't speak for anyone else but I will (Don't let that put any one off!)

Yes, Steve, that's the plan. We normally head done to the OC between 7.30 and 8

I will have my last remaining stock of my 6th Manchesters and 17th Manchesters books with me. Bargain prices, of course. Price not yet decided but certainly bargain - trust me, I used to be a civil servant. Should you miss me, both available from Amazon, via the Forum link.

Will you nice people please stop advertising books for sale. My beloved other half is well known for buying half a library at these events and undoubtedly he'll want to buy more and all your enticements won't leave room in our boot for my suitcase to return home.

We shall be propping up the bar beforehand :)

Have a great time next weekend. Those of us unable to travel to it will be thinking about it. Will look forward to reviews and summaries.

Will you nice people please stop advertising books for sale. My beloved other half is well known for buying half a library at these events and undoubtedly he'll want to buy more and all your enticements won't leave room in our boot for my suitcase to return home.

You could always upset certain members by bringing a wheeled suitcase and towing it back behind the car.

After missing it last year, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

What about that list of attendees, Alan?

Cheers Martin B

No problem Kim, you can always abandon all but essential clothing at the hotel to make more space.

See you on Friday

Keith

Kim

Please set some money aside for buying Christmas cards otherwise I will have to take them home with me!

Neil

I'll have you know ALL my clothing is essential! :D

Looking forward to having you in our midst again this year Martin, you were sorely missed last year. I already have my wheeled suitcase ready :D

Oops, cross post with Neil.

We will definitely be buying Christmas cards, they are beautiful and it will be not only a pleasure but an honour to send to all our family and friends this year.

Still a few places left - please contact me if you want to come

Alan

Alan

If it is not too late I have one more taker.

You know you're getting old when your daughter, who previously was happy to come with you on her own to the Conference, now would like to bring her boyfriend along! (He is another history graduate with an interest in the Great War so it's not all bad)

If there is still a space I will do the paypal necessary asap

David

Absolutely fine David - I'll reserve you another space

Alan

Alan

Thank you. Payment made.

Looking forward to the day.

David

but what if the boyfriend is not a Western Fronter, what if he's a 'other fronts' perspective.

but what if the boyfriend is not a Western Fronter, what if he's a 'other fronts' perspective.

So long as his perspective is not " Back to Front " .

Phil (PJA)

Will be at OCs at 1930. Is a curry still on the cards?

TT

Akbar's sometime between 10 and 11 pm

Keith

And clubbing 1 while 3....

When you said 1 - 3 I thought you were referring to the number of glasses of alcohol you can exit a taxi with :)

Andy