Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My climb up Hartmannsweilerkopf (HWK)

egbert

Same place yesterday. At 750m no passage through snow masses. HWK summit still untouched and inaccessible

post-80-0-69536800-1361112900_thumb.jpg

Picture courtesy of Louis

Luckily we've seen the back of the white stuff, hopefully!!

Sean (in sunny Essex) B)

Thanks Sean and Keith. I am still hesitating whether to start the Western slope climp picture thread. Reason is the massive copy, cropping, resizing and underlaying historical information work vs the relative little interest of two handful followers here

Egbert,

Another vote for a Western slope climb picture thread. (I understand the amount of work involved, so I also understand if you declined.)

Cheers

Dave.

Egbert

Though there may not be thousands of us (though 10,000+ views is pretty impressive) we really do appreciate your work on these as they do open up a part of the war that is badly ignored in much of the English language histories. I certainly hope you can do a western slope thread.

Tim B

Egbert, you know where my vote will go :), as I am one of a large number that enjoy your history lessons :thumbsup:. Maybe you would consider doing it in 'dribs and drabs' when it suits you, rather than feeling that you need to continue it on a regular basis? Food for thought!!

Regards,

Sean.

I would do the work with passion if there would be- lets say- 20 interested pals. That should be enough for a follow-up 300 picture story. 7 interested we have by now. Maybe some more will PM or post their interest.

Egbert,

Stop counting and get posting. There are people waiting

Phil

Dont annoy him Phil :hypocrite: thats only six more we need! Dragon will make 5, SteveMarsdin 4, who else? Me, thats 3 :whistle:

Ive just realised, he wants 20 and we were the 7 :blush:.

As an ex-member of the Royal Navy, I have experience of leading a Press Gang. Just point me in the right direction.

Keith

Dont make him angry Egbert, you wouldn't like him when he's angry, or Press Ganging :wacko:

and we were the 7 :blush:.

Come on Egbert or we'll start humming the Horst Buchholz song :thumbsup:

Count me in. I have climbed a mountain in the Vosges thanks to an Egbert thread.

Mandy

Dont make him angry Egbert, you wouldn't like him when he's angry, or Press Ganging :wacko:

It wasn't Egbert I was going to Press Gang, Sean. I had plans to drum-up support for his thread.

Keith

It wasn't Egbert I was going to Press Gang, Sean. I had plans to drum-up support for his thread.

Keith

Press Gang away, Keith :thumbsup: I think we only need a couple more, I think thats correct Egbert, is it not? :whistle: