Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trenches in the dunes

egbert

What do the archaeologists make of the word nicht !!

Well....this archaeologist has taken the word to mean that this Heller Cadet was not legally perloined &...being a fundamentalist,why can't I hi jack this thread?

Awful lot of silly Fokkers on this thread, if you ask me.

If the LO painted on one side of the aircraft is mirrored on the other side too, LO LO, I suspect the pilot may have belonged to a squadron that frequented the Café René ...

the white sheet lying on the cockpit is from cafe René!

Cnock

the white sheet lying on the cockpit is from cafe René!

Could the shocking thing in the cockpit be 'The Madonna with the big boobies' ...?

Well, well, well -in the meantime I found the missing text on the elevator.

Typical German precision - note how the photographer has carefully aligned Udet's shoulders with the line of the top wing, his elbows with the propellor and the tops of his boots with the tail struts.

Could the shocking thing in the cockpit be 'The Madonna with the big boobies' ...?

Mick,

here she is , disguised as Ernst Udet

Cnock

post-7723-1256579667.jpg

Typical German precision - note how the photographer has carefully aligned Udet's shoulders with the line of the top wing, his elbows with the propellor and the tops of his boots with the tail struts.

he used to be an accountant until he joined the Luftwaffe.

As precision is on the agenda, the German Air Force was not officially known as the Luftwaffe until May 1933 (but see here for discussion of earlier use of the word, not as a name but as a term for the collective effort of the various separate air services in existence during the Great War - http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...owtopic=134444)

Mick,

here she is, disguised as Ernst Udet

Cnock

That's the one. I recognise the forward-facing weapons system in the twin aerial mounting patented by von Büstenhalter ...

Today they lifted the plane and the enigma is still occupying the cockpit. Where 'Chester-famous dogfighter' came from, how he survived the dunes and how long he chose the Fokker to be his kennel no 1 -nobody knows!

post-80-1256668693.jpg

Silly Fokkers indeed.

You lot are barking.

I think there are two salient points here that need to be addressed:

1. What on earth is egbert drinking?

2. Where can I get some?

Adrian

Mick,

did we find one of Egberts secret hiding places near the dunes?

Cnock

Today they lifted the plane and the enigma is still occupying the cockpit. Where 'Chester-famous dogfighter' came from, how he survived the dunes and how long he chose the Fokker to be his kennel no 1 -nobody knows!

That's no dog.It's a bearded Rutherford smerkin' a seegaarr