Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

found on the somme

SHARONCMAUD

WONDERFUL - Take lots of photos for me won't you, I hope every thing goes to plan, I still can't thank you enough for making all this possible, I await news in anticipation, thank you so much Tim.

Hi Tim,

Guess who rang me this morning, it has made my day, I have just got off the phone from Len !!! and he is absolutely delighted as I am and as you know we cannot thank you enough, you are terrific and definitely in the right job, I wish there was another expression besides Thank You, because it doesn't seem enough for all your hard work.

Len said you had taken photos - and I know you are a busy man, so I shall be patient and await them with anticipation !! he told me how Andrew J was an uncle he knew nothing about until now, so I and you should feel privileged on that score - another WW1 soldier - not forgotten, his name shall be carried on to the next generation. Thank you.

It was just a little strip of metal at the time of finding it, now it is so much more. Thank You. WE DO REMEMBER THEM, THEIR NAME LIVETH FOREVERMORE. Sharon and Tim xxxxxxx

Sharon (& Tim),

I'm really glad Len rang you, he told me he would. I did send you an email about meeting him but I think it's been lost in the cyber-ether.

Here's a link to the thread I posted about the meeting.

A job well done by all.

Regards,

Tim L.

A job well done by all.

Indeed - an excellent result from some real hard work. Well done to all involved.