Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1908 British Cavalry sword

Khaki

Thanks Reese for your input. I know the Canadian Government Mark which is on the Ross Rifle as Canadain issue is the same one on the seaboard. This one does not have the two Broad Arrows pointing at each other. So the next thing is to take pictures of the markings. Thanks Eric

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi Guys , I am in the process of restoring an early Mk1 08 troopers sword that is marked to the 18 hussars, does any one know what colour the regiment painted its sword bowl guards  for 14/18 war service , was it matt green as per the Life Guards or the mucky kakhi brown as per most regiments

fp_18th_Hussars_patrol.jpg

I thought I had better add some pics of my 1908 and 1912 swords ( very much a favourite of mine )

The first is a mk 2  08 marked to the 2 DG ( the Queens bays ) and chromed for ceremonial use .

The second is another 08 to the 2 DG still with its 14/18 painted bowl

the third picture is my mk1  08 MARKED TO THE 18 Hussars showing the differance between the grips and finally my 4 x 1912 officers Patts

1908 p  one.jpg

hilt 1.jpg

untouchrd hilt.jpg

four 1912's.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello

I have a lovely dated 1908 sword but i picked one up the other day  some seem to have where the blade meets the hilt an oval on top of a sort of v shaped piece of metal this one seems to only have the oval bit what is the difference

mine has a leather cover over the hilt etc i presume this was standard issue