Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone else getting or got a tattoo for the commemoration of WW1 or fo

temptage

Well I have gone and done it this afternoon, after about 4 years of should I, shouldn't I?

tat_zps0ac80c9d.jpg

If you wanted it done, why not? The quality looks good. How much?

Roger

Left of chest.

£100 of the Queen's pounds

I didn't check it again seany, as having seen a friends full forearm of text have 3 spelling mistakes, it was proof read by 4 people before the transfer was even put on my skin!

I really like the tattoo. Should have said so in my earlier post. By the way, where does "when the sun sets, and the shadows lengthen they shall tall again" come from? Tried Google but only came up with your website!

Roger

I hesitate, then, to point out that it should be "We will remember them" ...

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Anyone remember the Glums (Take it From Here) , Jimmy Edwards, June Whitfield and Dick Bentley? In one episode Ron is discovered to have a tattoo declaring "I love Sue" which as his fiancée's name is Eth causes some dissension. [He intended to have "I love Suet Pudding" tattooed but fainted before it was completed].

You do need to look quite closely to spot the spelling error. Which perhaps not everyone will be tempted to do :whistle:

cheers Martin B

Thinking about it - given that having a tattoo is a relatively final decision possibly exposing such to this irreverent, ribald and (lets be honest) rude congregation may not be the most prudent decision to make. Possibly given the finality of the act the most appropriate action would be to collectively say "looks nice" (or something similar) and close this thread. [Not that I want to be accused of stifling discussion].

I really don't like tattoos. The one you have, however, is nice (for a tattoo).

Exactly, says everything that needs to be said.

Nice tattoo, and well done once your inked your inked, good on yer.

Terry

May I ask what might appear to be a cheeky (!) question in all seriousness:

Why did you opt to have the tattoo on your chest, and your friend on his forearm?

I imagine very few people are going to have the pleasure of seeing your tattoo and its fine sentiment. Why not on your hand, for instance?

YUK!!!!!

H.

I've wanted one for a while and was thinking something similar to the one you have.

Still undecided on wha tto have and also where to put it. I've no room on my arms, belly or left leg.

Neil

Thinking about it - given that having a tattoo is a relatively final decision possibly exposing such to this irreverent, ribald and (lets be honest) rude congregation may not be the most prudent decision to make. Possibly given the finality of the act the most appropriate action would be to collectively say "looks nice" (or something similar) and close this thread. [Not that I want to be accused of stifling discussion].

I think it looks nice

Sorry, just taking the piss - seriously Temptage good on you, one step better than wearing your heart on your sleeve and having just finished my counter terrorism and anti radicalisation training at least its not 777

I think it looks nice

Sorry, just taking the piss - seriously Temptage good on you, one step better than wearing your heart on your sleeve and having just finished my counter terrorism and anti radicalisation training at least its not 777

Excuse my ignorance but what is 777?

Seriously though, got it now, just didn't see the connection at first.

Cheers

Edited by Kate Wills
breach of no politics rule

they spelled 'remember' incorrectly

bet you checked :thumbsup:

LOL yeah I checked 3 ttimes, including running 'remember' through 'word' spell checker. That was a low down dirty trick... Love it.

Oh I should comment as well on the tattoo, very nice art work, I am not partical to tattoos, however had though of the this verse with the Maid of Erin Harp. and scroll, FIOR GO BAS

Distinctive and good quality. I've seen worse (a lot worse!)

Distinctive and good quality. I've seen worse (a lot worse!)

i have seen some stinkers,

There must be many people with the wrong spelling tattooed on their pelt

It won't become obsolete like the one a Newcastle United fan had done:a large picture of Andy Cole tattooed onto his torso the day before the striker was sold to hated rivals Manchester United.