Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Still Unburied 2014

Seadog

Sorry I still cannot understand what you are getting at. Do you actually realize that there of many thousands of missing soldiers whose remains have not been found or who are buried as unknowns so just what are you suggesting for right now I am honestly at a loss to understand your posts.

Norman

And those brave souls will be left in peace,and rightly so.

• 1 month later...

Now that the BL-15 have justly received burial in a war cemetery five years from their discovery I return to the subject of this thread namely the number of recovered dead still awaiting release for burial from the MOD. A best estimate is at least 30 but no doubt more have been added since this figure was obtained. I reiterate that the MOD has pledged to ensure that all recovered human remains will be buried within 18 months of discovery and frankly I do not believe that this is happening.

If any member feels sufficiently motivated to try and obtain the current number of human remains stored by the CWGC on behalf of the MOD please do so as you may have better luck than I have getting such basic information which in my opinion should be in the public domain. I do not understand the above post at all and therefore I am unable to make a logical response.

Norman