Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

France: Obligatory Breath Test Kits

Seadog

lucky for us the local pharmacy in Elveridnge has them at last, only I'm not planning to go to France. and knowing the husband he cann't be bodered to buy one if we do go to France. Likes to live dangerously.I might buy a few for the handbag just in case.

Checked all the big stores in Arras no kits. Asked a guy in an auto store there and he said there were none in Arras at all. On the DFDS ferry they have kits with no NF mark, so you pay your momey and take a chance............

Bought a map in a tabac in Arras on the main square at the beginning of Sept and he had some on the shelf behind the counter.

I got mine months ago. Had some work done on the car at a little garage in the village of Barleux, near Assevillers and they had them on the office desk when I went in to pay, so I bought a couple.

The date for the implementation of a 'Fine' for non compliance , has now been delayed from November 1st 2012 to March 1st 2013

This is due to manufacturers in France being unable to provide adequate numbers of Ethylotest kits at a reasonable price. i.e. €1 - €3.

The date for the implementation of a 'Fine' for non compliance , has now been delayed from November 1st 2012 to March 1st 2013

This is due to manufacturers in France being unable to provide adequate numbers of Ethylotest kits at a reasonable price. i.e. €1 - €3.

Another example of a policy announced without due thought on implementation. It isn't just here where it happens.

Now we'll all have to find something else to get worked up about.

Any suggestions? No need to base it on fact - any rumour, the Daily Mail or internet 'truth' will do.

:blink:

Any suggestions? No need to base it on fact - any rumour, the Daily Mail or internet 'truth' will do.

France will be closed for all Brits, effective 1 Nov 12

France will be closed for all Brits, effective 1 Nov 12

They are only jealous because we got the olympics. That's the last time I buy a French car.

:angry2:

...... That's the last time I buy a French car.

:angry2:

If that is the case -my post is a full success, regardless of the contents!

News yesterday, was that no fines will be given before 1st March 2013. I think it is because nobody I know has been able to buy one never mind two

mags

sorry didn't read earlier posts about this

In order to preserve stocks of Beef, Lamb, Pork etc anyone with out a French ID card will only be allowed to buy horsemeat in eateries or shops until further notice.

lucky for us the local pharmacy in Elveridnge has them at last, only I'm not planning to go to France. and knowing the husband he cann't be bodered to buy one if we do go to France. Likes to live dangerously.I might buy a few for the handbag just in case.

They aren't valid if they don't have the French quality icon, NF.

News yesterday, was that no fines will be given before 1st March 2013. I think it is because nobody I know has been able to buy one never mind two

mags

Gutted! The two that I ordered from Amazon turned up this morning. Waste of a 'fiver' :devilgrin:

News yesterday, was that no fines will be given before 1st March 2013. I think it is because nobody I know has been able to buy one never mind two.

I've just discovered why the two packs of 2 breathalysers that I bought in Shopi in May 2012 were only €1.50 a pack — their expiry date is/was 06/2012. They were made in South Africa, incidentally, but carry the NF mark. Ah well, I shall keep them on my desk, to check whether I'm in a fit state to post on the forum ... :whistle:

, I shall keep them on my desk, to check whether I'm in a fit state to post on the forum ... :whistle:

Or send them on to those involved in the Western/Eastern debate elsewhere on this forum... :w00t:

• 3 months later...

Sorry,Forgot to say.

Before Christmas,all plans for obligatory alco tests are shelved indefinately.

Cheers!

One to rank alongside the British cones hotline in the hall of ill thought through schemes.

lol

Well, gave the manufacturers a nice period of sales... wonder which govt minister has shares...

lol

Well, gave the manufacturers a nice period of sales... wonder which govt minister has shares...

Tut tut - to think of such a thing - more likely which government minister's mistress has shares?

Sorry,Forgot to say.

Before Christmas,all plans for obligatory alco tests are shelved indefinately.

Cheers!

I love Miss Chris - ick

• 5 weeks later...

Here we go - today the Ministry of Interior declared in the Le Parisien that the law will not be implemented and that it is dead. So those of you who bought the stuff may donate them to the trash box.

Somewhere a French equivalent to Sir Humphrey will be quietly smiling as yet another politicians unthought out wheeze finally hits the dust.

This announcement (sine die) dates back to January. http://www.service-p...tes/002384.html I happened to have the link to hand because someone asked only this week.

A piece in English:

http://www.connexion...ew-article.html

Le Parisien 13/02:

http://www.leparisie...013-2564435.php

Centurion, I don't know about Sir Humphrey, but Contralco must have smiled for a while. I think the theory behind the idea meant well - they have a dreadful rate of alcohol-related road accidents.

Gwyn

Do you remember the English policeman in Allo Allo with the execrable "French"? He could explain it I am sure, it is obviously perfectly understandable to our French cousins, even if it appears to be nonsensical to anyone this side of the channel.