Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Then and Now .....90 years ago and today

Havrincourt

Thanks to all, I am currently in discussions with reference to moving towards publishing 200 images for a book.

Costs and time are all that is in the way at the moment however late 2010 or early 2011 is my aim for completion.

(Des, interesting points - will be looking into this further).

More to follow.

Great work CT! May I ask where the bulk of your Western Front images are coming from ? I only ask as there could be copyright issue if they "belong" to the IWM .

Regards

Chris

Permission has always been sought from any image with a copyright. Otherwise most images I use are either images I have taken, purchased or have been sent to me by the owners.

Any images published would certainly be verified prior to print.

I may be looking into printing all or mostly new images, which I would be calling on our forum members to contribute any photos or images. This would then keep this as a CT-Guards & GWF members project. It would also provide any GWF member a personal interest in purchasing the finished article.

Therefore any images used that were donated by a forum member he/she would receive acknowledgement within the book.

So please feel free to PM me with details or pictures.

I only ask as I see a number of IWM images that you've used in your work . And speaking from personnal experience the IWM take a dim view of what they call digitized manipulation . I had to pull a large number of IWM images that I'd colourised off the forum, when Peter Doyle and I broached them via a well known publising firm with the idea of putting the colourised images into book form . We had our knuckles firmly rapped .

Regards

Chris

I agree, any images prior to publication would be strictly edited.

In terms of any images that I have used if the Mods' feel they should remove them then please feel free.

You continue to amaze and take my breath away with these fantastic images. Keep it going - they really do the brave lads justice. I look forward to buying your book. I would be happy for you to use anything in my collection of pics.

Best regards.

SPN

Maldon

From my own album.

Killed In Action.

post-38150-1260988609.jpg

Thanks to all on the GWf for their help & support on this.

(Mods/Admin remove this one if you wish).

post-38150-1261001815.jpg

Some Good News.

Over the next two months I will be putting a downloadable book on a new website with 200+ new images. It's all being arranged as we speak.

All images will be of my own collection or donated images from forum members (so get contacting me if you wish your family links to be incorpotaed).

All images can be ordered individually for those who place requests.

Copy of the cover attached.

post-38150-1261084500.jpg

Really looking forward to it! Keep us posted (excuse the pun!)

Roger

PS - just spotted a spelling mistake on the cover - provoking. Hope you don't mind me pointing out the typo.

I knew someone would get that one!

Correct copy now posted.

Good afternoon,

I've just re-read the complete thread - superb images; like others, I'm waiting impatiently for publication !

The Irish near Ginchy.

Fantastic one. This and the Tyne Cot image are my favourites.

Well done!

SPN

Maldon