Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Then and Now .....90 years ago and today

Havrincourt

Marching out at Sanctuary Wood.

post-38150-1260308295.jpg

These really are amazing! Thanks for keeping this going. I really look forward to viewing these very special works of Great War art.

SPN

Maldon

I click on this thread on regular occasions, hoping for more of these stunning photos. I often find myself starring at a new one for minutes.

Please tell me that they are available in a book....and from where i can get a copy!!!

(and if now in book form....why not???)

Bruce

I click on this thread on regular occasions, hoping for more of these stunning photos. I often find myself starring at a new one for minutes.

Please tell me that they are available in a book....and from where i can get a copy!!!

(and if now in book form....why not???)

Bruce

Bruce

I agree.

What talent !!!

Tony

Thanks for your comments, I'll keep posting the images up - about a hundred or so still to come.

Battery Corner.

post-38150-1260450589.jpg

From Left to right; George, Albert & Mornington - (my grandfather & great uncle's).

Mornington is still on the Somme.

post-38150-1260474295.jpg

Thanks for your comments, I'll keep posting the images up - about a hundred or so still to come.

Battery Corner.

Fantastic. I was afraid this thread may have come to an end some time soon. Youv'e put my mind at ease.

Many thanks for taking the time to post them.

An early image - In Memory of my Great-uncle. The card was written by his friend James for a memorial service held in his village in 1916.

post-38150-1260629078.jpg

"The Guards" is truly amazing!!! :wub:

It´s border line that I´ll start to try to understand my computor in order to learn who to create things like this....

Chris

Hello CT Guards,

I particularly loved 134. Great images. Would i have your skill!

peter

PLEASE publish all of these!

Bruce

Entranced. Even with the skill, i don't think that i could match the art in crafting these pictures that have been posted.

I just keep going over them! As new to the forum, iv'e seen mentioned on some posts that these maybe part of a book or CD.

Is this to be released?

Many thanks for any information.

Personally, I think these images could be put to a very good use.

If an image from a particular battle could be worked into a particular cemetery .. as has already been done ... then I would be confident that at certain 'points of sale' i.e. Ulster Tower, Tyne Cot, Thiepval .. they could be VERY big sellers as postcards/posters for framing. With the percentages worked out correctly they could provide much needed financial fuel for an organisation close to all our hearts .. the CWGC springs to mind.

Des