Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Not Forgotten - Ian Hislop

pooter

This is interesting!

I've recorded stuff from Mo' Fo' with no problems. I use 20th century technology (VCR - VHS, I've retired the Betamax :lol: ) combined with 21st century (freeview box). What kit are you and PBI using? Sky? Sky+? Cable? Something else?

Jim

It is always worth a look on youtube, and the like, Jim.

Stuff might not get online right away, but probably will eventually. They are still adding items from WW2.

eg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-1p_xX2TU...ted&search=

This is interesting!

I've recorded stuff from Mo' Fo' with no problems. I use 20th century technology (VCR - VHS, I've retired the Betamax :lol: ) combined with 21st century (freeview box). What kit are you and PBI using? Sky? Sky+? Cable? Something else?

Jim

I'm using SKY+. The prog records OK but flatly refuses to play back.

Andy

Andy,i have just had a good look at the More.4 Website,and it is DEFINETLY Encrypted for us Lucky Digital Sky/Telewest/NTL Subscribers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More4

Andy & PBI

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sky (and possibly the cable firm??) were NOT providing all of the freeview selection of channels as "free" channels (can't recall which channels were affected), and this may be what's behind your problem - certainly, no prob recording - or playing back :rolleyes: - from freeview.

Jim

EDIT - just seen PBI's confirmation of what I thought I remembered - you lucky people! (T. Trinder)

More 4 are blaming Sky and Sky are blaming the Cable providers..so who is the Guilty Party ? :unsure:

This has me wondering if the title emanated from a grave for two of the Bradford Pals

I'd like to believe that it refers to the "Not Forgotten Association", which was founded in 1920.

It had three objects:

> "the provision of teas and entertainments to wounded soldiers from hospitals by hostesses in their own homes;

> the provision of entertainments, fruit, flowers, chocolates, cigarettes and tobacco to patients in hospitals;

> the maintenance of a hospital for the treatment of disabled or partially disabled soldiers, sailors or Royal Air Force men".

I have a document produced by the "Not Forgotten Association" - the title page says it "presents this souvenir of the Royal Jubilee May 6th, 1935, to wounded soldiers, sailors and airmen still in hospital as a result of the Great War". The underlining is from the original.

I have a document produced by the "Not Forgotten Association" - the title page says it "presents this souvenir of the Royal Jubilee May 6th, 1935, to wounded soldiers, sailors and airmen still in hospital as a result of the Great War". The underlining is from the original.

This is very poignant. I know of a fellow that spent the rest of his life, about 30 years in all, in hospital shortly following D-Day - he had a wife and four young children. We certainly shouldnt forget the shattered lives either.

Saw the program also but alas in parts only due to the chaos in our home........thought it exceptional........liked the pardon ending........other query as above..........is there a list somewhere of those reported as deserters??

I think it was Haig that first stated the figure of 1,000 to Ian Hislop.have just sent an email off to Channel 4 asking if the programme will be shown again.

Joan

Just received an email from Channel 4,stating they have no plans at this time to show the programme again.

Joan