Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Not Forgotten - Ian Hislop

pooter

I have just noticed that there is a new episode on Channel 4 on Tuesday the 2 January 2007 at 9.00pm.

I think Ian Hislop did his 2005 series very well indeed.

I thought so too and I shall be watching. Thanks for the post

Patrick

Ian Hislop has covered a few of these series. The first was on education and educational reform, and the second was on religion. They have all been sympathetically and brilliantly presented. I'm looking forward to Jan 2.

Cheers,

Dave

Agreed. The first programme was called 'School Rules', but I can't remember the title of the series on the changing nature of religion and faith. I could be mistaken, but I think there was also something regarding 'TOC-H' and the First World War in the same set of programmes.

Regards,

Dave

Chris

I have tried to pm you but your box is full or disabled with the reason why I placed my posting on the thread, which was purely in relation to one programme's content contained within an excellent series.

I am disappointed that the posting broke the forum rules and two of my postings have been removed as a consequence.

John

Channel 4

21.00Hrs to 22.00Hrs.

Video Plus Code:6821

• 2 weeks later...

I will be looking out for one episode.. as I hope there was some research in there that I actually completed that I believe was passed on, if there I will be very pleased

John

I will be looking out for one episode.. as I hope there was some research in there that I actually completed that I believe was passed on, if there I will be very pleased

John

Programme apparently consists of six case studies

Alan Tucker

The programme is listed as a Repeat,i cant remember seeing it....has anyone else ?.

Radio Times must think it's a re-run of the first series. The C4 website and 'Lost Generation' refer to tonight's programme as a 'new episode'.

I said it was possible not a certainty. The programme and article share the same name that's what made me think it could be a repeat. However, the write-up on Ceefax suggests otherwise. Has anybody been in touch vis-a-vis your own contribution, John?

Regards,

Dave

Chris mentions Forum rules above; can anyone direct me to them lest I inadvertantly breech them!

M

Chris mentions Forum rules above; can anyone direct me to them lest I inadvertantly breech them!

Matthew

It's near the top of your screen, next to the link to The Long, Long Trail. The particular rule which applies here is highlighted below:

"Subject matter

This forum is specifically designed to discuss matters relating to the Great War of 1914-1918. Clearly, on occasion, discussion necessarily drifts into related areas and this is permissible. There is also an off-topic area for non-WW1 discussion for the category of members whose status has been raised to "Old Sweat", which takes place at 300 posts. Discussions and posts on modern-day politics or religion will not be tolerated in any area of the forum. No discussion is accepted on the subject of British soldiers who were executed at any time. Always post in the appropriate area for your topic and don't post similar messages in multiple areas."

Cheers,

Jim

Liked the programme - I'm always surprised that Hislop can work in the area of satire yet make what seems like heartfelt TV. But then why couldn't he!

He presents very well - it was an interesting program

In my opinion an excellent and very well balanced programme.

Glyn

%^&*()^%$£

missed it. does anyone know if it is going to be repeated?

Only caught the last two minutes.

Andy

The real tragedy of this situation in modern times is that such balance is rarely found.

Des