Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Here is a list of the names on my Medals, certificates, letters, death plaques etc.

museumtom

Some recent additions from me also..

1.  BWM  -  153175 Pte. Walter Lashbrook  -  RAMC posted to 62nd General Hospital.

2.  Pair  -  42504 Pte. Archibald Armstrong  -  2nd West Yorkshire Regiment.

3.  Pair + TFEM  -  1546 L/Cpl. George Howe Burton Wring  -  1/4th Gloucestershire Regiment (re-numbered 200132). Also with "4th Reserve Batt. Coy. 1917 League" medal.

4.  VM  -  204285 Pte. Levi Griffith Parry  -  4th (Denbighshire) Royal Welsh Fusiliers. Later 15th and 14th RWF.

5.  BWM  -  57879 Pte. Percy Powles  -  24th (Denbighshire Yeomanry) Royal Welsh Fusiliers.

6.  VM  -  4333 Pte. William James Gray  -  1/4th Somerset Light Infantry (re-numbered 201600).

7.  Pair  -  4101 Pte. Frank Rodbourn  -  2/4th and 1/4th Gloucestershire Regiment (re-numbered 201278).

Cheers

Edited by gunnerwalker

God man Steve, thank you, a nice little lot!

3618 Pte John Picksley 1/5th KIA 13/10/1915 Hohenzollern Redoubt

He was my great grand uncle. I've been trying to track down what happened to his medals and documentation and/or plaque. 

I've only tracked down one of his posthumously awarded medals to date (owner not willing to sell but he did photograph it for me)

Would love to know what you have and if you would show me? I have a photo of him so happy to trade photo's if nothing else is possible. 

Tried to dm but it wouldn't let me. As I'm new to the forum maybe I'm doing something wrong....?

TIA

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Geminidragonfly said:

Tried to dm but it wouldn't let me. As I'm new to the forum maybe I'm doing something wrong....?

Welcome to the GWF

You need to have posted in the main forum before you can use the Private Messaging (DM) system, suggest you try again.

1 minute ago, kenf48 said:

Welcome to the GWF

You need to have posted in the main forum before you can use the Private Messaging (DM) system, suggest you try again.

Ah brilliant, I did wonder if that might be the reason.  Thank you 😊 

41 minutes ago, Geminidragonfly said:

Would love to know what you have and if you would show me

Hi Geminidragonfly

For my sins I try to keep a listing of all medals owned by members of the Forum that wish them to published, I have put a link below of the last published list, which was produced around the time Covid hit, it then went quiet for a while but I’m in the process of updating and checking all new entries before I attempt to get a new display.

John

*A quick check shows a member has one of your ggu medals

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nspb9icqywrcbs/Medals Ownership Master list (1).xlsx?dl=0

Edited by Knotty
See note *

I have a victory medal belonging to William Ladyman Widdrington Smith 

3159. 1st Lincoln Artillery

(Sapper, Royal Garrison Artillery)

I’ve been meaning to add mine for a while, so here we go…..

299153  A J Kimberly.            R.A.F.                              War and Victory

G24398  C Brooks.                 Queens                          War, Victory, Identity Discs and Shoulder Titles

30497    J Wiggin                   E. Yorks                          War and Victory

4612   W Deacon                    W Yorks & W Riding     War, Victory & AB64

72898  H O Parker                 London                           War and Victory Box Of Issue ONLY & Army Form B104-80

PW/468  R Hackney               Middlesex                      Memorial Slik Bookmark (KIA 3-10-17)

2935 Cpl J Schorse                R.F.C.                             War and Victory

8120 Cpl J Boland                   R.F.C.                            War Medal Only

44160 C V Sporle                    R.F.C.                            Silver War Badge #225002

Dave.

1 minute ago, Knotty said:

Thanks @Geminidragonfly and @Dave66, after a period of little activity, it looks as though there is a resurgence of medal acquisitions:thumbsup:

John

My uncle let me have my gg's medal. I also have a dog tag penny belonging to another GG, are these included in your list or not?

3 minutes ago, Knotty said:

Thanks @Geminidragonfly and @Dave66, after a period of little activity, it looks as though there is a resurgence of medal acquisitions:thumbsup:

John

More than happy to help John, excellent work.

Dave.

my latest, I suspect I have a lot more unlisted.

Albert Jackson  5624 / 76150 Liverpool Regt   BWM/Vic pair

regarding listing, I know how hard it is, I do the memorial plaque wanted register on the BMF. I update monthly then get requests straightaway for a week then it goes quiet again.

10 hours ago, Knotty said:

@Geminidragonfly your ggs medal  etc. would be most welcome 

Any idea what the C E means?

20240216_083906.jpg

William ladyman Widdrington Smith medal, which has the wrong ribbon attached. 

20240216_082126.jpg

20240216_082117.jpg

• Admin

CE- Church of England. 

7 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

CE- Church of England. 

Ah thanks Michelle 😊