Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Here is a list of the names on my Medals, certificates, letters, death plaques etc.

museumtom

Thank you Lyn, much appreciated.

Thanks MartyG, another for me to add👍( although not at the moment)

John

Hi Knotty + M'tom,

A few new finds to add.

1.  1914/15 Trio.  Dvr. George Arkwright. 42152.  R.F.A.

2.  V.M.   Dvr. John Beard. 87478.  20th D.A.C.  R.F.A. 

3.  Pair.  Pte. William George Bryan. 75950.  14th R.W.F. 

4.  S.W.B. (21748).  Pte. Frank Butcher. 1670.  1st Cambs. Reg. 

5.  S.W.B. (B153706) + V.M.  Pte. Sydney Thomas Ducker. S/359596.  70th F.Bakery. A.S.C. 

6.  B.W.M.  Dvr. James Galvin. L-24458.  31st D.A.C.  R.F.A. 

7.  B.W.M.  Pte. Richard Griffiths. 5600.  2nd R.W.F.

8.  V.M.  Gnr. James Frederick Horn. 832104.  30th Bde.  R.F.A. 

9.  B.W.M.  Pte. William Arthur Ingram.  T4/145649.  280 Coy. A.S.C. 

10.  Pair.  Gnr. Ernest Charles Killick. 136263.  R.F.A.

11.  1914/15 Trio.  Dvr. Bert Lewin.  DM2/112082.  M.T. A.S.C. 

12.  B.W.M.  Dvr. Amos Morris.  169919.  R.F.A.

13.  T.F.W.M.+V.M.+T.E.M.  Gnr. Gwilym Owen.  334 - 310076.  1/1 Welsh R.G.A. 

14.  S.W.B. (95203).  Pte. John Coppard Shoosmith.  27069.  Royal Berks. Reg.

15.  V.M.  Gnr. William Henry Smith.  806413.  30th Bde.  R.F.A.

16.  Pair.  Pte. William Smith.  202691.  1/4th West Riding Reg. 

17.  B.W.M.  Gnr. William Walker.  264686.  R.F.A.

18.  V.M.  Pte. Hubert Webb.  75025.  Welsh Reg.

19.  Pair.  Pte. Walter William Whiston.  60565.  B Coy.  17th R.W.F.

20.  B.W.M.  Dvr. James Woolven.  M2/133682.  M.T. A.S.C.  

Regards.

Guy.

Thank you Marty and GWF, a lovely selection.

On 24/06/2021 at 08:23, museumtom said:

Thank you Marty and GWF, a lovely selection.

You’re welcome, although Guy’s selection rather puts my humble offering in the shade :lol:

Edited by MartyG

On 22/06/2021 at 23:11, Knotty said:

Thanks MartyG, another for me to add👍( although not at the moment)

John

Great and worthwhile job you’re doing John, one I don’t envy you!

Here are mine.

Pte  H Naylor, South Lancashire Regt. 14/15 Star, BWM and VM.

Pte A Fish, RAMC, BWM, VM.

Pte JT sheppard, 9-Lond,R, 14/15 Star.

Pte D Forward, DLI, BWM.

Pte Stannard, Essex Regt, BWM, VM. 

Thanks Ray(essex)

I will add them to the list, and hopefully publish the revised list shortly.

John

As promised the latest spreadsheet list of medals owned/relinquished by Pals of the Forum, as of today there are 3804 individuals named. As previous I have divided it into alphabetical sheets to account for the numbers,I have not created a single page listing*. I have also put it into Microsoft format(excel), please let me know if there are any anomalies  as it came from a Mac and there might well be some formatting issues.

Below is the link which should take you to the copy on Dropbox, if it doesn’t let me know and I will try to resolve any problems😁

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3zp67m999gv7l3/2021%20Medals%20Ownership%20Master%20list.xlsx?dl=0

* If you want a single list again let me know and I will see what I can do

John

Poor timing on my part, given you've just published an updated list, but I can add a pair currently in my possession:

• Pte William Henderson, 57571 Kings Liverpool Regiment (2/7 & 18th Battalions) - BWM & Victory.

Thanks for doing this - what a mammoth task!

All the best, Ben

Thanks Ben. 
Every little helps as they say, don’t worry about the timing, he will be featured in the next release,goodness knows when😁

John

Hi all

Well I have added Bens pair,so unless there are anymore takers I will be putting it to bed until I have sufficient numbers to make it worth while to update and publish again.

Cheers

John

• 3 weeks later...

Very new to forum and medal collecting. Here are the ones I have:

Harry Mawson, RGA, MM, VM and BWM
Bertram Farley, RA & RE, MM, VM and BWM
William Hemmings, RAMC, VM and BWM (would love to reunite his 1914 Star)
Frederick Sear, RGA, VM and BWM
William Ryves, Worcestershire Regiment, VM and BWM
Thomas Helme, RE, 1914-15 Star, VM and BWM

Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for the list. I will add them as soon as possible, but you may have to wait for the next publication to see them listed, and I normally wait until I have a sufficient number.

Just to inform you that there is a link to all medals that Forum members hold and wish to disclose some 4 posts previous to yours. In case you haven’t seen it I have checked to see if the chap you would like to reunite is on the database but alas no. (I do believe the British Medal Forum have a dedicated section for such a purpose, you might like to have a look in there.)

Thanks again.

John

Thanks Knotty. I did check your list on Dropbox a week or so ago. An amazing job you've done there.

In the listing is "Tully   Stanley  729".  There is no indication as to regiment. I have in my collection a group of five medals (includes BWM and victory) named to 729  PTE.  S. TULLEY/TULLY.  W. YORK. R.   Hopefully the person who provided the information sees this note as it is possible that he has a WW1 star which might help me complete the group.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2021 at 12:59, Jim Strawbridge said:

Hopefully the person who provided the information sees this note as it is possible that he has a WW1 star which might help me complete the group.

Hi Jim

Sorry for the intrusion, I missed this post and I’m just wondering if you have made contact with said person? On checking it appears that they have not visited since just before your post, so maybe a pm is required🙂

John 

4 hours ago, Knotty said:

Hi Jim

Sorry for the intrusion, I missed this post and I’m just wondering if you have made contact with said person? On checking it appears that they have not visited since just before your post, so maybe a pm is required🙂

John 

Good idea. I have dropped him a line.

On 10/08/2021 at 14:47, Jim Strawbridge said:

Good idea. I have dropped him a line.

I've messaged you back, Jim.

Thanks,

Nigel

Nigel, thank you, It looks like I acquired your medal group. Nice to have it confirmed that a 1914/5 star was not part of it, Jim

Edited by Jim Strawbridge

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the PM with your medals Andrew.

Just to clarify, we only list ownership on this thread. We hope to keep requests on the sales and wants thread, but we tend to let a first one go through.😁

John

Just to recap. Please look at the first page of this post. There is nothing for sale or wanted on this post. It was established that way as those in possession of suitable items may not post if they are going to be pursued to sell them. I ask the Mods to remove any wanted post please.

'The complete list of existing awards to men, be it a certificate, medal plaque etc held by myself and other forum members are on page 14 of this topic. The entire list is managed by the tireless efforts of Kevinaka1888. The list got a bit corrupted when guys posted awards and then deleted their post so the original reference is lost. It has now been brought up to date again by Kevin. If you decide to delete your posting please let Kevin know so he can update the list and keep it current.

Remember this is not a wants topic, there is nothing offered for sale here. This list contains awards, medals etc to ww1 personnel held at the time of posting by forum pals who should be applauded for doing so. I had asked some medal dealers to add their list, they talked the talk but did not walk the walk. If you wish to contact anyone regarding the items in their possession and come to some arrangement then the best of luck to you.

I will say it again, there is nothing for sale here.'

Edited by museumtom