Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RSM Collier MC DCM Queen's Own Oxfordshire Hussars

ChrisC

Hi Chris

I appreciate this is a bit late after your original posting, but as a new member, I thought I'd add my bit (plus I'm a Trustee of the Oxfordshire Yeomanry Trust & Museum.

Our records show that RSM Collier is buried in Henley on Thames Cemetary, grave number 2.204

Yours aye

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I have visited Arthur's grave in Henley. I have been trying to make time to visit the Yeomanry Museum but limited opening times and too much work have mede it impossible so far.

I have found the Service record at the NA and am building a picture of Arthur's life and service. If I ever make it down to the Museum I will bring copies of what I have. It may be of interest.

Chris C

Paul,sorry to hijack the tread but would your archives have any information on Trooper Solomon Saunders 1/1st Oxfordshire [Hussars] Yeomanry,he had previously served in SA 1899~1902 with the Imperial Yeomanry{Not Oxford} & was with the QOOH in France in 1914,he held the TEFM also,TYIA!?

I would imagine he was somethingof a Marksman as I also have his Bullion Shooting Proficiency Badge with X Rifles & Star on Crimson Backing}

Hi Chris

Contact me off line & I'll see what we can arrange with the Regimental Historian to get you access. The archives were transfered to the Ox & Bucks LI Museum in 196 & when I commanded the Oxfordshire Yeomanry I discovered they were selling off Churchill artefacts to pay their insurance bill. We luckily stopped further sales & formed the Oxfordshire Yeomanry Trust to look after their future.

We are currently in the process of electronically cataloging the archives & are hoping that a new Musuem Wing will be built at Woodstock at the County Musuem to be called "Soldiers of Oxfordshire" and which will house the artefacts of both the Ox & Bucks LI and Oxfordshire Yeomanry. This will improve access as it will take the collection out of the TA Centre and into a public building.

Yours aye

Paul

Good morning Harry

I have fairly limited records on my PC at work & all my searches have drawn a blank. So that you can exclude them from your research, the records I have consulted are:

1911 Coronation Party Nominal Roll

1914-18 Honours & Awards

Imperial Yeomanry LS&GC (QOOH list only)

Regimental Muster List of POWs 1914-18

Regimental Muster List of Wounded Officers & Soldiers 1914-18

Can you send me your email address offline & I'll pass your question on to the Regimental Historian & see what he can unearth

Yours aye

Paul

PS - I tongue in cheek wonder if you have ever considered donating the shooting medal to the Regimental Museum B)