Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Day trip to Ypres

Keith Kendall

Many thanks for the photos Keith. Much appreciated.

Robbie

Hi Robbie

Glad you like'd the photos.

Out of interest were you aware of the John Joseph Pierce (Bently) thing.

If you were I would be interested to know a bit of the background> It had us going for a while, we found the right plot, row and then thought my counting was a bit off! Brian went and checked the register. There was an entry against both Pierce and Bently each referencing the other as per the note I put above the photo.

Hope to hear your take on this.

Keith

Hello Keith

Pte 41762 Wilfred Jacks  Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers  Panel 70 to 72 Tyne Cot Memorial.

post-7097-1119104190.jpg

Pte Charles George Rigler Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers panel 70 to 72 Tyne Cot

Memorial.

post-7097-1119104229.jpg

Ypres Menin Gate Memorial  Pte 10113 Charles Herbert Edgar Carter

1st Bn., Coldstream Guards.

post-7097-1119104308.jpg

Bob   bobnorman@fsmail.net

Hope these come out ok. If you want the originals I can email but they are 700kb each.

Let me know

Regards

Keith

Hello Keith,

If you do go the Menin Gate please could you take a photo of the following two men on the Kings Liverpool section,

PTE.J.A.LOMAS

L.CPL.T.ROBINSON

Have a great time.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill here are your two. Sorry it has taken a week I had a lot to get through. Also sorry the last one is a bit out of focus. I will talk to Brian 90 as he duplicated most of the photos as an insurance, hopefully he may have a clearer shot.

I have the originals as 700kb files which I would be happy to email off forum.

Regards

Keith

post-7097-1119104992.jpg

post-7097-1119104975.jpg

Hi Robbie

Glad you like'd the photos.

Out of interest were you aware of the John Joseph Pierce (Bently) thing.

If you were I would be interested to know a bit of the background> It had us going for a while, we found the right plot, row and then thought my counting was a bit off! Brian went and checked the register. There was an entry against both Pierce and Bently each referencing the other as per the note I put above the photo.

Hope to hear your take on this.

Keith

Yes, the CWGC lists him as serving under an alias, and it appears that the CWGC reference both surnames to the same plot. I have several other men who also served under a pseudonymn. Thanks again.

Robbie

Hello Keith,

Many thanks for taking the time out to take my photo's. You have done all the members of the Forum a big favour.

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Re CHE Carter - no names on the village war memorial but both brothers recorded on a plaque in the church - one of the few times I could get in a church as they lock them - sign of the times :(

Ian

post-3871-1120210472.jpg

Hello again

Also, Hello

could I have a pic of the memorial showing carters name - I also have medals to Catling who is listed below him

Thanks Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Keith,

Thanks so much for the pic. Its the first one in this line of research! 1 down , 287 to go.

Your time is much appreciated.

Regards

Leigh

Keith,

Many thanks for the picture of Bosworthicks headstone. It is much appreciated, many thanks again.

Andy