Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Information sought on Rank

lansleyd

David,

My postulation certainly needs a bit more scrutiny from the Pals before it can be accepted I'd say! ;)

WRT to the SN being attached to the KLR rather than the KSLI, Army Order 187 does say (my emphasis) ...

As far as possible, the selected battalions will be those raised in the districts in which these ex-National Reservists are to be employed.

Perhaps the KSLI was simply oversubscribed and the KLR was the nearest alternative TF unit that could take these Ludlow men on? The Herefordshire Regiment was an all-territorial regiment IIRC, so perhaps there were some difficulties with headcount in the TF in the central Welsh Marches region and the Army authorities had to go further north.

We'll need some inputs here from a Pal with more detailed knowledge of TF recruitment in Herefordshire and Salop :huh:

Cheers,

Mark

Can anyone with KLR expertise comment or add to M Brockway's scenario ?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Definitive info on the various Church Lads Brigade badges has been pulled together by Pal @conijoni in this excellent topic: Church Lads Brigade (CLB) badges

Also the CLB Historical Group's informative Looking Back pamphlet has relocated to here:
http://www.clcgb.org.uk/documents/doc_download/55-looking-back

Cheers,

Mark