Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where do you log on from?

j.r.f

PALS

As I look through the forum each day it seems to me that ,often,there are more people active on-line in the daytime than in the evening.Does this mean that instead of keeping the wheels of industry and commerce moving you are on the 1914-1918 forum?

My excuse is that I amretired and cannot think of a more pleasant way to pass the time.

I would be geneuinly interested to know how many log on from work.I know this will only be in the lunch hours and tea breaks.

CHEERS.

john.

Both

Lunchtimes at work

Pre-Breakfast and evenings at home

Dave

I only have access to the net at work. So I'm always logging on to see if

there's anything new on the forum. Problem is when providing information to

people its either off the top of head or I cant reply until the next working day.

I'm certainly keeping the wheels of business working

Geoff

I have internet running all day at work so I listne to digital radio across the web and play on the forum and eBay all day ..... wheels of industry grind away behind me quite happily :)

Thank Bod for digital presses and no more need for getting your head stuck in with all the machinery day in, day out.

Fleur

I log on from home - but as I only work part-time, some days I can log on during the day. Usually it is evenings - especially if there is nothing good on TV!

:lol:

I work from home running a small business and am on the net 24/7!

I run a medal framing service and get enquiries from all over the world so have a great excuse to be on the Forum all of the time!

I am also involved in a printing consultants and all business contact is thro internet, fantastic no more motorways!

Tony

Like Kirky I also run a business from home and have access 24/7

Does this mean that instead of keeping the wheels of industry and commerce moving you are on the 1914-1918 forum?

To that should be added local government.

Working full time in very busy planning department.

Forum access during snatched lunchbreak at work and at some point most evenings.

Rosemary

PALS

Thanks for yoy replies and honesty.From my point of view it is very interesting.To you who are not retired,it will come,sooner than you think.We all have the advantage that atleast one of our interests WILL last a lifetime.

CHEERS.

JOHN. :D

From work if possible.....until Audit catch up with me that is. :P

To you who are not retired,it will come,sooner than you think.

True, true. I am medically retired. It happened rather early and was definitely unplanned. If you see my photo in my profile, or on my website, you will realise I'm not yet part of the Grey Power movement. I've put a piece on there about what I actually do. My Webpage

I log on in the day when I'm alone, I'm writing, I've got a block and I want something to change my focus for a few minutes. Or when I feel like 'hearing' other human beings. In the evening, my partner and friends are around or at the end of a phone line, so that doesn't apply so much.

Gwyn

Definitely from home only................whilst I am on the computer at work all day, I am employed by a company which will hang, draw & quarter you before burning your desk & handing over a P45 for non-work related internet access................if I could just persuade them that banking & the Great War are in fact related :lol:

I run a business from home but try not to log on during the day as I would never get any work done. So most of the time I log on after the rest of the family have gone to bed.

Steve

Have to access the forum at home. At work, there are people, whose jobs consist solely of logging the clicks of my mouse between the hours of 9 and 5.

Definately from home (PC at work is about as good as a calculator!), time depending on what shift I'm on. That's why you'll see me posting at odd times (3am, 6am, 2pm, 9pm etc. etc.) (and, yes Peter, I do sleep sometimes!!! :lol: )

Dave.

I used to log on at work, However this forum is now blocked by the firewall :huh:

So its down to evenings and weekends :(

Surely addiction to the Forum is a medical condition. That being the case your employer should fulfil their equal opportunities requirement to provide you with a suitable working environment to ease your suffering.