Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

3 volumes of I Was There.

Chris Foster

• 5 months later...

An unbound but complete set sold for $204.50 Australian this morning on a well known auction sight. Not sure what that is in pounds but would be close to one hundred. And postage.

Is it just me or are these becoming valuable?

I've been collecting them piecemeal. Looks like I'll be eating that elephant in small bits a little longer!

Regards,

Scott.

Saw some issues in a shop in Ieper last April, €8 each. Peter

That works out at 408 pounds for a set. $204.50 Australian doesn't look that bad a price when you look at it that way. I bought my last single issue for $4.00 Australian.

Regards,

Scott.

That would be 408 Euro Scot, about £330. But at €8 each, that was two much, just got the one issue, great photos and first had accounts. Wish I could have got more. Peter

Yes you're right Peter. Forgot about the dreaded Euro. They are a good read though. A bit boy's ownish.

Scott.

Just ordered the bound 3 volume set from UKBookworld.com for £60 +postage. There is another set on here for £95.

cheers

Steve

Just ordered the bound 3 volume set from UKBookworld.com for £60 +postage. There is another set on here for £95.

cheers

Steve

They keep coming up....

Just had the four volume set - via eBay - delivered for £63.00 inc.; with which I was more than happy.

Best wishes,

GT.

I have just been given an incomplete set of I was There, I shall be wanting to get it completed as it is an excellent publication

Good luck collecting them Steve.

Just noticed another complete set on that auction site downunder. Funny how the cycle works, expect to see a few more in coming weeks.

Scott.

Good luck collecting them Steve.

Just noticed another complete set on that auction site downunder. Funny how the cycle works, expect to see a few more in coming weeks.

Scott.

Thanks Scott, it maybe easier for me to buy a complete set as opposed to bits and pieces <_<

• 11 years later...

The Great War…I Was There! Undying Memories of 1914-1918, the weekly magazines  are available as a database on the pay website findmypast, titled  "Britain, The Great War, I Was There"

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/britain-the-great-war-i-was-there  located in Armed Forces & Conflict/First World War.

However, not at all user friendly if you just want to browse, (rather than specifically searching for something).

To browse the pages, do not use a Search term but click on the Search icon, when a series of 1186 pdf images, (each of two pages),   will be displayed in image order.  From any image you can navigate to the next image, or the previous image. (This function is located near the top of the findmypast webpage, not near the actual image).  Part 1 consists of 29 images, perhaps larger than the average, if in fact all issues are included.

Cheers

Maureen