Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where to start

WhiteWolf

Catherine Hayes Osborne served as an Assistant Administrator with the QMAAC in France from 28 September 1917 to 7 November 1918. She was discharged on termination of engagement on 1 January 1919.

She appears to have served in the Intelligence Section at St. Omer and Paris Plage.

Norman

Ummm Assistant Adminstrator?? :D

Lorac

Ummm Assistant Adminstrator?? :D

Lorac

Ok Ok

Told you, you had to keep pointing out the obvious :lol:

Andy B)

as promised both MiC's

co1.jpg

Andy B)

Andy: I'll tapdance naked if they are not one and the same (just as soon as I learn how to tapdance) :)

Lorac

Time to give your tap shoes a polish ;)

Andy B)

Does anyone else think Andy will fit in round here?

Wibble

Wibble

Wibble :D

Oh, I think so Steve

Time to give your tap shoes a polish ;)

Got a fave tune, Lorac?

Actually, looking at the two MICs, I very much doubt these are the same person. The Medal Office clerks were usually very careful in the case of women to note any change of name across the top of the card. There is nothing to cross reference these two. Beaumont served as a Worker and the other as an Assist. Administrator which is equivalent to Lt. which makes it even more unlikely.

The only certain way to check would be to check the dates the Worker served in France against those of the Asst. Administrator by going to the actual roll.

Norman

Actually, looking at the two MICs, I very much doubt these are the same person. The Medal Office clerks were usually very careful in the case of women to note any change of name across the top of the card. There is nothing to cross reference these two. Beaumont served as a Worker and the other as an Assist. Administrator which is equivalent to Lt. which makes it even more unlikely.

The only certain way to check would be to check the dates the Worker served in France against those of the Asst. Administrator by going to the actual roll.

Norman

Cheers Norman

Thats what I thought. Another thing to add to the list of things to do on the visit to KEW.

Andy B)

Now we know gran was in the Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps I reiterate my original question.

What did Gran do in the War?

Would she have been admin, cook or driver?

If she was a driver how close would she have got to the front?

Ok last question, well for now ;)

Is there a ‘good’ book about the Corps?

Andy B)