Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sapper 238089 R.E. Albert Edward Annis

Guest Barry99

3 hours ago, Glayham said:

Eustace’s details are on the 1901. Census,  he was born around Marylebone  and not Middlesex - sorry.

How known born Marylebone?

Worth checking - the Census shows:

Residence = Marylebone

Place of birth = London [which I think possibly incuded parts of Middlesex as well as Marylebone I think]

Remember that on Censues not all nor full forename(s) were neccessarily given to the Enumerator

The only YUNGBLUTH child from that 1901 Census that I have potentially found born in the 1891-1901 period might be 'Lena' - admittedly in the Marylebone area

Births Mar 1900   (>99%)
YUNGBLUTH  Magdalena Maria    Marylebone  1a 619

Info from FreeBMD

You appear to have Ancestry [which I do not] = What return for 1911 Census for the Yungbluth/Youngblood family? [1911 Censues were typically personally completed by the head of each household - unless in an institution of some sort]

M

Edited by Matlock1418
tweak

7 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

Medal Index Card.   That is the card with the red writing that Michelle posted.  These were individual filing cards and directly linked to lengthy nominal rolls for each specific regiment divided into its battalions that served overseas (regiments raised differing numbers of battalion’s according to how large their specified recruiting areas were).  These latter were called ‘medal rolls’ because they related specifically to the eligibility for medals.

Together with pension records for those eligible, medal rolls and medal index cards are largely the only personnel records to have survived up to the present day, as the vast majority of the much more important individual ‘service records’ (that each soldier had tracing his movements within the Army) were destroyed by the aerial bombing of their storage warehouse during the Blitz of WW2 (only around 1/6th survived and much of that proportion was water and smoke damaged).

As a result the MIC have become very important, but they are limited in that they only show the units served with overseas and not any that might have been served with in Britain before embarkation (which can cause confusion if family photos only show men in uniform before they departed overseas).  This is because soldiers, especially infantry, often (but not always) moved to a different unit upon arrival in France).

thank you

3 hours ago, Matlock1418 said:

How known born Marylebone?

Worth checking - the Census shows:

Residence = Marylebone

Place of birth = London [which I think possibly incuded parts of Middlesex as well as Marylebone I think]

Remember that on Censues not all nor full forename(s) were neccessarily given to the Enumerator

The only YUNGBLUTH child from that 1901 Census that I have potentially found born in the 1891-1901 period might be 'Lena' - admittedly in the Marylebone area

Births Mar 1900   (>99%)
YUNGBLUTH  Magdalena Maria    Marylebone  1a 619

Info from FreeBMD

You appear to have Ancestry [which I do not] = What return for 1911 Census for the Yungbluth/Youngblood family? [1911 Censues were typically personally completed by the head of each household - unless in an institution of some sort]

M

So I signed up for the free 2 week trial on Ancestry, so I could check my accuracy. I know for sure that my Gran was born in St Johns wood and I have as suggested found the entry for Eustace I believe. see attached. the age is correct too 

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 20.05.43.png

1 minute ago, Glayham said:

So I signed up for the free 2 week trial on Ancestry, so I could check my accuracy. I know for sure that my Gran was born in St Johns wood and I have as suggested found the entry for Eustace I believe. see attached. the age is correct too 

Strangely though, The record does not show any of the other family members. Everyone seems to have differing names 

14 minutes ago, Glayham said:

I know for sure that my Gran was born in St Johns wood and I have as suggested found the entry for Eustace I believe. see attached. the age is correct too 

12 minutes ago, Glayham said:

Strangely though, The record does not show any of the other family members

It looks like an institution's return

Eustace YOUNGBLOOD is a Boarder = What is the institution? Now offering a birthplace of St John's Wood

Likely separated from other members of his family so you may/will likely need to look elsewhere.

M

35 minutes ago, Matlock1418 said:

It looks like an institution's return

Eustace YOUNGBLOOD is a Boarder = What is the institution? Now offering a birthplace of St John's Wood

The institution is a "Working Boys Home" in Spitalfields

1 minute ago, corisande said:

The institution is a "Working Boys Home" in Spitalfields

:thumbsup: So the parents and siblings are likely to be elsewhere [if alive].

M

Returning to my earlier suggestion - I'm quite interested to learn what the AVL might have to say about Eustace YOUNGBLOOD, 935449, RFA

Hoping somebody might have access and be able to find him [at London Metropolitan Archives and/or Find My Past I think]

M

Edited by Matlock1418
LMA/FMP

I am confused about Eustace and/or Eustace Clarence, So was everyone else

youngblood.jpg.30a6f0da9bfb5092245346804e4c7e9e.jpg

12 minutes ago, Matlock1418 said:

So the parents and siblings are likely to be elsewhere [if alive].

It was called Palham House Working Boys Home in Spital Sq. It was for boys who were working, but without friends or family to look after them

42 minutes ago, corisande said:

I am confused about Eustace and/or Eustace Clarence, So was everyone else

youngblood.jpg.30a6f0da9bfb5092245346804e4c7e9e.jpg

OK,, so thats the YOUNGBLOOD/HELPS marriage record found earlier.

Seems to rather have Clarance as an afterthought but occupation of Ironmonger would seem to match the 1911 Census - Warehouse Packer (Ironmongery)

The chance that Clarance or C was dropped 1911 or earlier seems a possibility though it could be a more recent affectation/addition, perhaps by the time of the RFA ??? - not making things easy for us is he?  [Not least as he seems to have been the son of Eustace YOUNGBLOOD and then had a son, Eustace Charles YOUNGBLOOD, in 1922]

37 minutes ago, corisande said:

It was called Palham House Working Boys Home in Spital Sq. It was for boys who were working, but without friends or family to look after them

It did look that way - for Working Boys - think it was Pelham House http://www.childrenshomes.org.uk/HWBLPelham

M

Edited by Matlock1418
add

At FreeBMD Eustace C YOUNGBLOOD's death appears to be here [GRO search can't confirm the C = Clarance - only a DC would I suppose]

Surname  First name(s)  Age  District  Vol  Page 

Deaths Mar 1960   (>99%)
YOUNGBLOOD  Eustace C  63  Shoreditch  5d 526

Age would match the 1897 birth suggested by other documents though actual birth record not yet found

Shoreditch appearing again.

M

Frederica P Youngbluth married Albert E Anniss in Cardiff 1927. 

Not sure how everything has got diverted to Eustace  who would surely be her brother?

Frederica is a bit of a mystery, I find a Frederick George b 1852 in Poplar and a plain Frederick in the RA in 1911 census but no sign of a birth for Frederika .

However in 1901 there is an 11 year old Frederick with his parents Eustace YungBLUTT zoo keeper b Germany 1856 keeper at zoological gardens and mother Bertha b 1867 Germany and 13 year old sister Berha. Siblings Charles Lena, Minnie Frederick and Bertha.

The only possible birth for Frederika I have found is Freidericke PW Yungbluth Sep 1894 Marylebone which I think must be her.

Note that there are also Youngbluth etc in Swansea in the 1870,s ( just thinking of her being in Cardiff later on)

Edit blast it just junked my edit start again!

Eustace JUNGBLUTH married Anna Bertha Zehnder in 1888 st Pancras.

Eustace n 1854 d 1906... would be why family not together in 1911.

1891 EustIce Jungbluth and Bertha in Marylebone with children Bertha 3 and Frederick SON 1.

So where is Freidericke in 1901? 

Edited by Madmeg

IClarence Eustice and Charles Henry were both registered as Jungbluth, 1892 and 1896. Mothers name Zehnder and... Lehnder.  Louisa Martha registered in 1898 magdalrna Maria 1900 mother zehnder. No sign of Freidericke in Gro although she appears in freebmd....

I have tried various spellings for j/ y ungblut/ with no result in case the transcription differs in gro.... nothing curse it. She only exists in freebmd

Edited by Madmeg