Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Bayonet Belt Frogs" by Anthony Carter

Tom Morgan

Searching for a copy of "Bayonet Belt Frogs Parts 1, 2 and 3" by Anthony Carter. I think this edition was published in December 1997 by the Tharston Press.

I've been unable to locate a copy anywhere, and also been unable to find any contact details for the publishers.

If anyone knows where there is a copy for sale, new or second-hand, I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

Thanks

Tom

Hi There

AJ Carter published the books himself under the Tharston Press ID. He has since died, I'm not sure who took over the TP titles, but I would suggest you try Jeremy Tenniswood in Colchester, his shop number is 01206 368787, I think he has this in stock along with other similar titles.

Books 1&2 were amalgamated with additions into book 3! Books 1&2 were both paperbacks and while the pics were better quality, the binding wasn't.

Carl

Tom: is this the most unusual and esoteric book ever published? ..... or is it because bayonet frogs fail to inspire me? I wondered if it was 1 April!

Anyway, good luck with the hunt, and I hope it turns out un-put-downable! :D

Carl's lead ended in a "sorry, we don't have one" cul-de-sac (but I did get something useful out of the contact I made.)

Grump - er... yes..... I can't see a book about bayonet frogs being all that gripping, I must admit!

Tom

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Its a good useful book, particularly for the foriegn kit, I loose interest at that point! It also has makers listed, thats very useful for partial stamp indentification etc. and just for getting the feel for different patterns over a century or two.

That and I can look at some of my collection without having to get in the loft :)

Carl

• 12 years later...
On 09/06/2006 at 07:04, Tom Morgan said:

Carl's lead ended in a "sorry, we don't have one" cul-de-sac (but I did get something useful out of the contact I made.)

Grump - er... yes..... I can't see a book about bayonet frogs being all that gripping, I must admit!

Tom

Hello....not sure if you are still looking but i have this book and still have the receipt from Rutgers book center where it was purchased

20181229_044940.jpg

20181229_044947.jpg

• 1 month later...

This has just been discussed in the forum topic:

Basically Anthony Carter died unexpectedly in 2002, Trajan believes that International Military Antiques (IMA) of up-state New York, purchased the intellectual property from the estate - the copyright will exist under UK law until at least 2052 if not 2072 or 2077 before passing into public domain.  If you look at the IMA website they have reprinted Bayonet Belt Frogs, once but that was a long time ago and is now sold out.

I like many people would like a copy, but not at a silly price. 

Cheers

Ross