Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New web site

AltayAtli

Dear all,

I have just joined the forum and it looks like a goldmine of knowledge, information and opinion. Thanks to all contributors and those who have created this forum.

I have recently launched a web site about the Turkish involvement in the Great War. I am trying to cover all the aspects, it is a huge undertaking, but it is going well. There are still many pages missing, but you can see how it looks like at: www.turkeyswar.com

If you have time to browse through a few pages, I would appreciate your opinion and suggestions.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Altay

It's good to have a view from all sides in this (or any) conflict. Many people would like to see more of the Turkish point of view in the Middle East theatre and I hope your website can help. Very few people today appreciate Turkey's major place in world history.

Good luck with it all, and enjoy the Forum.

Steve.

What a superb website. And stuffed with information that would otherwise be hard to come by for many of us.

Welcome to the Forum. Your website looks as though it is packed with information - I look forward to having a proper look round.

John

Welcome aboard, a nice change to get the Turkish point of perspective. Too much to take in in a short visit, will look again.

regards

Arm

Altay,

Firstly welcome to the forum. Looks like a great website, well done.

Andy

Altay

Welcome to the forum,congratulations on an excellent site.

Regards Doug.

Nice one Altay. I know precious little about Turkey's involvement in The Great War. Your excellent website will help fill that knowledge gap for me and many others I suspect. Well done.

Paul

Altay,

welcome to the G W F and congratulations on your web-site

I am looking forward to becoming a regular visitor there and seeing the next part of your War of Çanakkale story

regards

Michael D.R.

Altay

As the others have already said, welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on an excellent website.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Gareth

Hoş Geldin !!

Have been a regular visitor on your website ... no need to repeat that it looks great and I hope It is going to be a major source of information for "the Turkish pespective" in a neutral way (in the footsteps of Olga Örneks' Gallipoli).

Something that was needed ... Tebrikler !!! Congratulations !!!

eric

A very good website. Welcome Altay.

The following website has been added to the Recommended List of the CEF Study Group's Great War website list. It is very beneficial to have such sites as this to begin to add the expanded perspective on the conflict.

Borden Battery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turkey in the First World War --- June 2006

This intelligent website adds the Turkish perspective in the Great War. The presentation is based on several Turkish resources and will be of interest to researchers. The website is organized into the following elements with nested sub-grouping and includes: Prelude to War, Campaigns, Aftermath, Chronology, Army, Navy, Aviation, Home Front, Economy, Who's Who, Documents and Featured Articles. Based on the clean format, this site is capable of adding more material with quick access. A few areas are still under construction. Some images do not appear under Mozilla and this site is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+. There is also the start of a small discussion forum [Yahoo]. Well worth visiting.

http://www.turkeyswar.com/

• 3 weeks later...

A quick, first visit. Impressed. Suspect I'll become a regular reader.

Cheers, Altay. Good luck with the venture.

Chris

Fantastic site Altay. I study the 5th Bedfords who were on Gallipoli, Egypt & Palestine. Any objections if I lnk to your site as it woudl be a fantastic perspective to add.

Great job; youve done them justice B)

A superb effort!

Bernard

An excellent website, and good in order to have to get the whole picture of the conflict.

Gloria

Guest gumbirsingpun

hi,atilla

wellcome to forum,

must admit that yer realm on the site is ane o great delight & awesome..beyond words tae explain how i felt readin yer army section

but theres somethin bringin me to the question I want to ask, was it na the ottoman empaire which was in the first world war?

regards

tuna