Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

unknown great grandad

ahardman

hey guys, i no i haven't posted for a while but i have been rather busy. Anyway i have got Isaac John's medal card and the only thing that i can do now realy is go to the National Archives. However i won't be able to do that until i'm older :(

thanks for your help everyone

amy :)

Can you post an image of the card on the site - someone may be able to indicate some useful information that is obscure to eveyone else

doogal

sorry, i won't be able to put the card on the site! i don't think that i will send off for his documents from the National Archives, i think i would rather go myself

amy

i think i would rather go myself

amy

It's worth going - if you do a search on the main website before you go (Long Long Trail), there are some pages that will explain what you can expect to find and also some advice on how to search the records and medal rolls whilst there.

doogal

Amy,

Any particular reason for not sharing the MIC with us? If the problem is technical, someone on the site can either give advice or can do it for you. It really could be useful to see it.

Doug

i dont have a scanner myself at home however i could try and do it from the scanner in school! i will see what i can do

amy

Amy,

How did you get his medal card? Most people download it from the NA for £3.50.

Another way round your scanner problem is to use a digital camera, you can get good results from that.

Also look at

http://www.1914-1918.net/mics.htm

It might give you an insight into some information found on the medal card.

Now i'm going to ask Tony how he got records for £10 as i paid a researcher £22 through,

http://www.militaryresearchon.com/

However my granddads didn't exist anymore. But i have other relatives and am myself on a learning curve.

Regards,

Andy