Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

dead ends

Muerrisch

This thread is too silly even for Chit Chat...What's it all coming to?

A speedy demise, with any luck; and if this doesn't stop soon I shall start quoting TS Eliot, I warn you.

So again

We brought nothing into this thread, and we take nothing away.

Dust to dust, ashes to ashes

AMEN!!!!!!!

Kate:

As the moderator of Chit-Chat I think it's your duty to drive a silver spike through the heart of this thread. Here's the hammer and spike... :ph34r:

Garth

P.S. You do get Buffy The Vampire Slayer on UK television don't you? :unsure:

Mordac, you could have let it rest, you know.

If you genuinely want it spiked, you will surely need a reason other than that you don't like it.

I have checked the rules of engagement and see no harm in it ..... even in the right place, Chit chat.

I should think a fair number of us, not renowned for a sensayuma, have had a chuckle.

Curse you langleybaston!! Your use of the word "sensayuma" has forced me to check the six dictionaries in the house and the online dictionary as well. Having not found a definition, I don't know if I should be offended or not. :) However, being a man of goodwill, I shall let it pass. :lol:

Garth

THE END

Curse you langleybaston!! Your use of the word "sensayuma" has forced me to check the six dictionaries in the house and the online dictionary as well. Having not found a definition, I don't know if I should be offended or not.

Mordac – a sensayuma is a sense of yoomer, or a cence of humour, as in, having a larf.

It is often the way truth comes out in British conversation.

Gwyn

Oh right, petal.

That’s the one that has a scentsational effect on my tom-cat. :P

Gwyn

Oh my God, how could I have missed that???

I said "sensayuma" a dozen times out load and it still went well over my head. I say it now and it's as plain as the nose on my face!

My wife and I have several close friends in England that we are in constant contact with by phone, e-mail and letters. After 25 years, we all marvel at the fact we speak the same language (well sort of) yet at times, we completely misunderstand what's being said. This difference in our use and context of the English language is one of the reasons we enjoy returning to your beautiful country.

Garth

I think 'sensayuma' entered the collective vocab. via Leslie Charteris, author of the Saint books. I recall, vaguely, a hood doing a little idle torturing and complaining "da guy's got no sensayuma ......." I THINK. My collection of Saints long dispersed to make room for Great War books.

Anyway, I'm glad Mordac has retained his sensayuma.

Really LB I cannot stand silently by while you act like a common ranker!

( and I not meaning it as rhyming slang HONEST! :D )

How can you possibly clain 24 hours silence on the thread when there was only 8 Hrs. and 49 mins between your postings?

You Sir, are a Bounder and a Cad! I should have you cashiered for that!

:P

No no. I meant "if there is another 24 hours silence and I will claim". That's why I added sssssh ......... to silence dissent, hoping for a clear 24 hours. Not well expressed, which is more than one can say against Hussar.

As Hussar came in just inside 24 hours, he stopped me winning. YET.

HOWEVER ...........

There is every possibility that everyone else has switched the lights out, locked up, and gone home.

Arrives late to the thread... have spotted Mornington Crescent and a blatant flouting of the rules. Not impressed....

References to the paranormal with stakes and vampires, :blink: what is the forum coming to....

reference to Blackadder.. wibble.. yep we all saw it but failed to capitalise on it

Lets face it theres been a lot of mud slung in this thread and little has stuck :D

as for dead ends...

how about cul de sac?

frozen bottom

John

Would anyone who wants to respond to this in any way please contact me off forum only.

Hello folks, just back from Cambridge Uni. Library. Two lots of good news for you, and one bad. Firstly, unearthed a lot of detail detail on application of Military Service Acts 1916/18 and will proabably show off in due course. Secondly, we are off to Poperinghe in a week's time and I might have forgotten this thread by time we get back.

The bad news is, THE CLOCK IS TICKING AGAIN.