Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Accommodation In Ieper

Mr_Sunray

Any ruffy tuffty types might want to try here

http://www.jeugdstadion.be/

Its a camp site it's 1km (a short walk in old money) from Ypres centre.

I'm booked in for June 2006 :D

You definately don't need to be a "rufty tufty" type to stay here! It's the place I stay whenever I go (apart from in winter when I stay at my cousin's or the Kasteelhof!!! :P ) and it's superb - I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the area!

I used to camp at Kemmel, but it tends to get a little overcrowded (and was a bit far out when you were on foot). The Jeugdstadion site has pretty much grown from a "tent field" (as it was when I first stayed there as a backpacker) to a well facilitated and comfortable campsite (stayed in the "trekkershuts" last time I was there - no complaints). Never found the need to pre-book a site either - always been spaces whenever I've been.

Dave.

Roy and Dave,

Cheers for those comments. It's always nice to talk to someone who has first hand knowledge of a campsite.

Some can be a tad 'basic'

We opted for camping again as there are 8 of us going and that (i find) somewhat limits the accomodation available.

Big relief thats it gets a thumbs up off experienced pals B)

Thanks all for the advice. Spoilt for choice! :D

I have booked into the Hotel Ariane for 3 days in May. The wife has also booked us into the Royal Picardie, Albert. Has anybody stayed there?

Steve

Yes I have stayed there twice and liked it food quite good but there is at least one who strongly disagrees, you should be able to find prior threads.

As Paul says there are mixed views about the Picardie and I'm not going to get drawn into another debate. I've stayed there before and would again. Others wouldnt.

John