Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

NWF 1919

Tim Brecknock

Yorkie,

The medal was manufactured at the Royal Mint and the Calcutta Mint. This is a Calcutta Mint issue.

Hope that helps,

Matthew

Matthew,

Thankyou for posting another question answered,

Cheers,

Yorkie

• 6 years later...
On 10/01/2013 at 20:01, Yorkie1964 said:

post-95980-0-98951000-1357848054_thumb.jAnother photo of the North Staffordshire Regiment in a sangar during the 3rd Anglo-Afghan War.

Yorkie1964 - are you still active on this trail. Could let me know where this photo came from? I’m researching the Third Afghan War with a focus on the role of the North Staffords.

• 2 months later...

For those interested in the Third Anglo-Afghan War or the North Staffordshire Regiment, I’ve just published a book to commemorate the 100th Anniversary. The war was fought May-August 1919. It was a fascinating short campaign, involving the mobilisation of over a third of a million troops, but one which has generally been forgotten about. Details below, but if you want any information on this topic, let me know and I will try and help. 

Frontier Assault: The North Staffordshire Regiment in the Third Afghan War 1919.

Flyer attached and Amazon link below.

Frontier Assault: The North Staffordshire Regiment in the Third Afghan War 1919 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1096217104/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_af81CbP5TJB2R

Frontier Assault flyer.pdf

Edited by Guest