Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ypres Xmas Markets?

cockney tone

I went last year and thought it was 'ok' but I understand they have taken comments onboard and it will be a lot better this year.

hello,

I'll try and help you to convince your wife to come to ieper around christmas.

the market will be nicer then last year and this year they have the VTM BV parade at the end of december so all the well known people from belgian television will be in town at least 10.000 people will come over to watch it( I thing that is on december the 28) so surely the christmas market will be bigger this year.(money you know)

the wife must love shopping, so we have a lot of nice shops, she can shop from 9 o'clock till 18.30,

a lunch at the square

have some tea and some nice cakes for a break in the afternoon.

give her some extra pocket money and she will be ok.( for an extra present for her selve)

Even I who doesn'st like to shop will fall for this. :rolleyes:

and you can wonder around .

hope this helps

kind regards

sabine

But my favourite cake shop has now shut being turned into a restaurant, at least I managed to get my cakes and coffee, it closed on or about 13th September, what a loss.

John

hello,

I'll try and help you to convince your wife to come to ieper around christmas.

the market will be nicer then last year and this year they have the VTM BV parade at the end of december so all the well known people from belgian television will be in town at least 10.000 people will come over to watch it( I thing that is on december the 28) so surely the christmas market will be bigger this year.(money you know)

the wife must love shopping, so we have a lot of nice shops, she can shop from 9 o'clock till 18.30,

a lunch at the square

have some tea and some nice cakes for a break in the afternoon.

give her some extra pocket money and she will be ok.( for an extra present for her selve)

Even I who doesn'st like to shop will fall for this. :rolleyes:

and you can wonder around .

hope this helps

kind regards

sabine

I'll have to talk to the missus :) I'd love to go, the dog would love to go. Trouble is I want to spend Christmas in Normandy - don't know how I can fit it all in!

John,

I suspect you are aware but the little 'cakie' shop oppositie the Novotel in Jakob Strat (Wrong spelling i know) has a display 'to die for' was in there yesterday and its wonderful!

Regards,

Scottie.

(Still feeling bloated! :blink: )

John,

I feel sorry too that the 'Ravani' is closed have nice meories to that place.

But there are nice other ones.

Scottie is right the things you see in the bakkerieshop in the st jacob straat can do miracles.

kind regards

sabine