Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nurses Awarded Military Medals

Nick Thornicroft

On 21/05/2006 at 12:38, stiletto_33853 said:

Sue,

Do you want the article scanned and sent over to you?? Also digging through a few of the OMRS Journals there are a fair few pictures of nurses with MM ribbons on their uniform

Eleanor Jean Thompson

Mary Agnes Crawford Blair

Mary Jane Derrer

Edith Hounslow

Margaret Heudebourck Ballance

Mabel Adeline Chittock

Molly McGinnis

Catherine Warner

Mary Stubbs

Articles I have located are the Roll of Women (127 and 8 Honorary)

Miss Mary Stubbs with pictures of the medals and her wedding to Captain John Harvie and Honours and Awards to Staff of the St. John Ambulance Brigade Hospital 1915-1919.

Andy

Andy / stiletto, hello, ive just joined this site. Where can i find these pictures of Mary Stubbs, mentioned above. I am making a medal frame of her service. Thanks John

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. @stiletto_33853 is still an active member of the forum, so my tag should alert him to your post. 

Hi John,

Unfortunately, during my recent move of address I had to go through all my OMRS journals and dispose of those that did not contain articles on my chosen field of interest. The nurses OMRS journal was one of those disposed of. However, you have the date and issue number of the OMRS journal this came from so I would think by contacting them you should be able to get a copy. Sorry, to much stuff that I did not really need had to go for the move.

Andy