Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SDGW

chrisharley9

OK I must be going mad, but where do I find the RFC other ranks - have managed to find the officers on ODGW

All The Best

Chris

Chris; There is a book of RFC/RAF Casualties published in line with the SDGW reprints,in a similar format with Blue Dust Jacket;If you're in Peterborough ~

@ anytime they have a copy in the Reference Library

First of all thanks for the answers gentlemen

Harry, as I'm in Peterborugh 3 times a week this shouldnt be a problem.

Can i assume they are not on SDGW because they became the RAF in 1918 & if this is so why is there RFC ODGW?

All The Best

Chris

Chris,

The cross of sacrifice Volume IV includes RNAS, RFC & RAF other ranks, I have a copy if there's anybody in particular let me know and I'll have a look.

Regards,

Spud

Can i assume they are not on SDGW because they became the RAF in 1918 & if this is so why is there RFC ODGW?

Probably as many Officers were only on attachment from their Parent Regiment & those who were purely RFC were Army anyway,as to why exactly I dont know,a bit of an anomaly!

Spud

Not anyone in particular as I was just curious thats all

Harry

I will just have a look through ODGW & see what comes up

All The Best

Chris

Chris; There is a book of RFC/RAF Casualties published in line with the SDGW reprints,in a similar format with Blue Dust Jacket;If you're in Peterborough ~

@ anytime they have a copy in the Reference Library

I think it's in the lending section. Race you to it, Chris!! :D

Kidding!!

(or perhaps there are two copies? It's entitled Airmen Died Great War, isn't it, Harry?)

Steve.

It's entitled Airmen Died Great War, isn't it, Harry?)

That's the baby...........Last time I saw it it was upstairs,but that was a year or so ago,..............Peterboro' afford two Copies theres a thing!? :blink:

Comrades

The book is Airmen Died in the Great War 1914-1918, compiled by Chris Hobson, ISBN 0 871505 81 X.

The excellent work covers all members of the five Empire aviation services who died, ie the RFC, RNAS, RAF, WRAF and AFC. In the foreword, the author says not all RFC and RAF officers are covered in Officers Died and that the other ranks were just about totally omitted from Soldiers Died.

Regards

Gareth

Thanks everyone I think we now have the definitive answer.

Steve with my back & knees there willl be no racing; how about pointless violence instead :ph34r::D

All The Best

Chris