Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Just found out something terrible!!!

Guest mccormick

Hello

the results are in from the NA

Pte Saville was sentances to death for desertion and losing property - commuted t0 3 yrs in prison

Regards Ian

Dave

could you pls look up a Pte W Watts of the Coldstream Gds - I think its either number 15508 or 20674. Depending on the date I can possibly work it out from the enlistment date. 15508 is what I am hoping - he went to to be in the Special constabulary

Cheers Ian

Dave

could you pls look up a Pte W Watts of the Coldstream Gds - I think its either number 15508 or 20674. Depending on the date I can possibly work it out from the enlistment date.  15508 is what I am hoping - he went to to be in the Special constabulary

Cheers Ian

Sorry Ian.

No mention. He must have recieved a lesser sentence for desertion.

Dave

Hello

Thanks. i have looked again at the details and in my excitement missed that he wasnt given the death sentance- - his gain is my loss!! :P

Cheers Ian

Interesting post I have just found two local reports of war widows harbouring runaways who were either returned to their regiments or te nyears ps in 1917.

The women were threatened with prison ( of previous good character) and escaped with a onbe pound fine. Others were threatened with prison as they wre playng into the hands of the Huns!! Women eh? :lol: