Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Leeds in the Great War 1914 18

stiletto_33853

I should think maybe not - all you might get is wounded, which covers a multitude of afflictions.

And does not appear in anything that I have seen for Leeds area to date.

Does this 1923 honour roll for Leeds or others that you might know of indicate clearly whether literally or by abbreviation whether the casualty suffered shell shock?

Thanks,

John

Toronto

Ok sorry I have only just caught up with this. THe role of honour lists name rank unit and regimental number and the usuall options such as K in A, Missing, D of W some are also listed as Died after discharge.

The whole book is about 300 pages excluding the role of honour, the section on the Hospitals etc is about 40 pages.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Any mention of Thomas Walsh, served in West Yorkshire regiment, volunteered in 1914/15. He was discharged in 1917 due to gas poisoning and later died the same year at home , 5 st saviours row

Many Thanks

Sorry have replied on your behalf.

I found this on Walsh

Thomas Walsh is in The National Roll of the Great War

Walsh T Pte 10th W.Yorks Regt

He volunteered in Oct 1914 and after his training proceeded to the Western Front in the next year. He saw hard fighting in many engagements, at Armentieres, La Bassee, Loos and near Lens. In action at Ypres on July 14th 1917 he was very badly gassed, and after being evacuated to hospital in England, unhappily died at home from the effects of the poison. He was entitiled to the 1914 - 15 Star and the General Service and Victory medals.

"His life for his country, his soul to God"

5 St Saviours Row, The Bank, Leeds.

In L in T G W

Walsh Thos.. Pte 12299 W.Yorks...died

Is the above soldier the one your looking for?

Mick

Andy,

Is the book indexed in such a way that you can look up any Leeds men who served in the Zeebrugge raid 22-23 April 1918?

Many thanks,

Dom

• 5 weeks later...

Andy,

Could you please look up Pte Thomas Hogg of the 9th Bat KOYLI for me?

I understand he came from Horsforth.

Thank you

Keith