this months entries  

51 members have voted

1. 1. this months entries

• Andidigger
    • Dirty Dick
    • Landsturm
    • Ozzie
    • Soren

This is outrageous - I am still in third place. There is no way I will become the Lib Dems of this contest.

Ah-ha! I see Soren has had a slight resurgence in the over night hours. In light of these developments I would ask all my peeps to vote again! (Voting early and often is the key to a good election!) Andy

Why don't we insititute proportional represenation on this thread, and make up a picture with the percentage of votes gained - like a collage. At present it would be 41.38% plain black, surrounding a third of Soren's, plus a figure from DD's bus queue etc etc...

Or we could institute the electoral college system, where by votes are weighed by the total population of the country where the voting Pals live. In this example (1) US vote would be equivilent to (4.861) UK votes. Or we could simplfy things and make the ratio 1:5 (US:UK). Other nations can be added to the equation when this highly equitable and reasonable solution is adopted.

Andy

Excellent idea. Not that such a thing should affect the value of each of my current votes vis-a-vis the others, but did I mention that I am a wheelchair-bound black lesbian pensioner who resides in Iceland?

997:1 Iceland:US... best start rounding up other wheellchair bound lesbian pensioners who have an interest in WWI art who care enough to register and vote. GOOD LUCK!

So, by using the "Florida Chad Dubious Recount Method" of calculation, I already have 3,988 votes.

I voted for my fellow countryman Andy purely on artistic merit! <_< And, as an employee of the US Dept of Agriculture he is going to provide a discount coupon on a 50 pound tub of lard! :ph34r:

Actually that's an idea, I could register under assumed names!!! and then give myself the pink vote!

And then allude to the huge number of new 'members' you have met in recent weeks. :D

May I ask what MGWAT stands for?

So far I have come up with some interesting ideas:

May Get Wet At Times

My Girl Was a Trick (or treat depending on the night)

Maybe Gods Watching All the Time

My God What A Treasure

ad infinitum ad nauseum

May I ask what MGWAT stands for?

So far I have come up with some interesting ideas:

May Get Wet At Times

My Girl Was a Trick (or treat depending on the night)

Maybe Gods Watching All the Time

My God What A Treasure

ad infinitum ad nauseum

It means 'My Gay Wimpole and Thong' :lol: or more boringly 'Monthly Great War Art thread'

Guest PROCONSUL

Having been attacked by the religious right and other friends of "Catwoman" on another thread (entirely off topic - Damn Cats) I have now conducted a tactical withdrawal in contact and while I regroup and reorg for the next Big Push I am hopefully taking cover in the realm of the benificent and enlightened community of artists on this thread.

I have voted for that inestimable work so noted and remarkable for its deep perspective and use of shadow. This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the term Digger and me being from Sydney an' all!

Tim Sydney

Having been attacked by the religious right and other friends of "Catwoman" on another thread (entirely off topic - Damn Cats) I have now conducted a tactical withdrawal in contact and while I regroup and reorg for the next Big Push I  am hopefully taking cover in the realm of the benificent and enlightened community of artists on this thread.

I have voted for that inestimable work so noted and remarkable for its deep perspective and use of shadow.  This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the term Digger and me being from Sydney an' all!

Tim Sydney

Maybe Soren could do a drawing of a pussy being abused by an irate gardener?

At the request of Aurel I will provide signed copies of my work should I win. Please note, I only use black pens.

Andy

Not being into high class art and such, I decided to vote for the black thing because I had to admire the artist's inititive in sending me a PM requesting me to vote for him.

The other entrants seem to have missed a trick!

Best wishes

David

I decided to vote for the black thing because I had to admire the artist's inititive in sending me a PM requesting me to vote for him.

Best wishes

David

I hope I am not jumping the gun, so to speak, but to my mind this was an integral part of the artist's compositional method. The PMs represent the comradeship, and inner need to communicate with those at home. They are the unspoken cries wafting through the air from the man at the workface; the spiritual liason with family and friends.

Perhaps Andigger could give us a formal introduction to this masterpiece, for my words fall short, and I may be misintrepreting his intentions. If so, I apologise.

Kate Wills

(the artist formerly known as "Catwoman" - the claws are out PROCONSUL)

I hope I am not jumping the gun, so to speak, but to my mind this was an integral part of the artist's compositional method. The PMs represent the comradeship, and inner need to communicate with those at home. They are the unspoken cries for spiritual liason with family and friends.

Perhaps Andigger could give us a formal introduction to this masterpiece, for my words fall short, and I may be misintrepreting his intentions. If so, I apologise.

No need for apologies Kate, you offer good logic.

The piece was/is in good humour, but had a serious side too.

The PM-ing... that was strategic. You'll know that David was the only person I PM'ed since I noticed him on Forum. All the other votes are legitimate! :rolleyes:

Andy

(sniffle sniffle) Andy PMed me too... and here I thought I was the only one he PMed....

Andy been steppin out on me :angry: