Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jacob's Ladder

Tony Cox

As a matter of interest, heres` a mention of Jacob`s Ladder in an eye witness report to the Red Cross after the 1 Lancs Fus attack of 1/7/16. Phil B

post-2329-1115672975.jpg

Info regarding 1st Bn Royal Warwickshire Regiment near Beaumont Hamel, June/July 1916.

Page 148 from "The Story Of The Royal Warwickshire Regiment" by C.L. Kingsford.

Regards

Richard

post-1376-1115690398.jpg

Page 149 from "The Story Of The Royal Warwickshire Regiment" by C.L. Kingsford.

post-1376-1115690448.jpg

Page 150 from "The Story Of The Royal Warwickshire Regiment" by C.L. Kingsford.

post-1376-1115690491.jpg

• 9 months later...

I came across this thread via search.

I'm very interested in the Mesnil/Hamel Jacob's Ladder cos it seems my boys in the 12th R Ir. Rifles spent a considerable amount of 1916 keeping the bloomin' thing in operation (floods, frosts, inconsiderate German artillery etc etc).

Some of the pics in this thread have 'gone west' ... can anyone provide a contemporary pic of Jacob's Ladder for use with war diary project? In fact, any material would be good on this sector.

Des

Guest grantaloch

I know this a old old post but have just read it and would like to add my little bit to it.When my son and I visit the Somme we stay at La Galet a bandB right on the british support line on the new beaumont road,and as i look out of the bedroom window I am looking straight at jacobs ladder,the bowery and in the near distance the white city.if you walk acrross the road you can line yourself up at the bottom of jacobs ladder with where malin took his shot of explosion of the hawthorn mine(Grantaloch.) Brighton bob.