The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

red cross enquiry list,1917

bernardmcilwaine

Hi Bernard.

Any 7th Beds men listed.

Thanks for looking.

John

Can you see if Herbert William Beeby, S/8772, 9th Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) is mentioned. He died of wounds at Arras 14-4-1917.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Hi Bernard.

Any 7th Beds men listed.

Thanks for looking.

John

hiya john,yes 57 of them,i am new on pcs so i dont know how to send stuff by the web,if you e,mail your address i will copy the pages for you no problem,if there is someone specific that you are waiting for e,mail me,bernard

Can you see if Herbert William Beeby, S/8772, 9th Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) is mentioned. He died of wounds at Arras 14-4-1917.

Many thanks,

Steve.

hi stebie,there is no mention of herbert,i checked all the black watch just in case he was attatched,bernard

hiya john,yes 57 of them,i am new on pcs so i dont know how to send stuff by the web,if you e,mail your address i will copy the pages for you no problem,if there is someone specific that you are waiting for e,mail me,bernard

Thank you Bernard.

I am interested in them all, I have sent you an email.

Brgds.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard.

Is there anything on the 9th Loyal North Lancs for this period and in particular a Cpl William Henry Kay - 10892.

Many thanks

Mark

Bernard.

Is there anything on the 9th Loyal North Lancs for this period and in particular a Cpl William Henry Kay - 10892.

Many thanks

Mark

hiya mark,hes not listed,he may be in the next listings,bernard

Hi,

thanks for offering to do lookups. Could you please check for any men of the Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry please

many thanks

Lesley

Hi,

thanks for offering to do lookups. Could you please check for any men of the Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry please

many thanks

Lesley

hello brian,yes there is 240+,i also have a list of 36 officer POWs,can i help with any,bernard

hiya mark,hes not listed,he may be in the next listings,bernard

Thanks for that Bernard, does this mean your in the process of obtaining the listings for later months?

Mark

Thanks for that Bernard, does this mean your in the process of obtaining the listings for later months?

Mark

hiya mark,i wish i could mate,the other listings are as rare as hell,i havent seen any others going for sale,if you check your man with the red cross dont forget the check for 35/40 pounds,thats how much they charge for one enquiry if i can help with any others let me know,bernard

Bernard

What sort of information do the lists contain?

John

hiya john,batt,coy,plat,name,rank,number and various details,like enquiring about death and burial,new or recent enq,do you want me to send them to your e,mail john,the missus has masteed how to scan and send

Would appreciate any listings for the 9t West Yorks...esp. Lowry

TIA,

Ann

hiya ann,there are no lowrys on the list,and its a beauty,800+men

Hi Bernard,

Any 21st Londons on your list please?

Regards

PAUL J :ph34r:

Bernard.

Good God! They dont want much for looking do they?

I thank you anyway.

Mark

Hi Bernard

Do you have anything on:

Pte 4400 / 200570 Herbert Charles Kendall. Def' wounded in 5th Beds 1917, possibly in 7th too (unconfirmed).

Pte 2645 / 32136 Joseph Hack, Def wounded in 8th Beds 1917

Pte 3653 / 241229 James Sutherland, def wounded in Knee 5th Gordons (recovered at Harrogate & returned to france for 1918).

Thanks mate :D

Hi Bernard

Do you have anything on:

Pte 4400 / 200570 Herbert Charles Kendall. Def' wounded in 5th Beds 1917, possibly in 7th too (unconfirmed).

Pte 2645 / 32136 Joseph Hack, Def wounded in 8th Beds 1917

Pte 3653 / 241229 James Sutherland, def wounded in Knee 5th Gordons (recovered at Harrogate & returned to france for 1918).

Thanks mate  :D

steve sorry no mention of any,bernard

Hi Bernard,

Any 21st Londons on your list please?

Regards

PAUL J :ph34r:

hiya paul,yes theres 15 of them,if you want a scan send me your e.mail address and they wil be with you shortly,bernard

Thanks! Any mention of POW's?

Ann

hiya ann,there are no lowrys on the list,and its a beauty,800+men