Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

inns of court officer training corps

bernardmcilwaine

Hello Bernard,

Is there anything listed for Leslie Howard Steiner (later Leslie Howard the actor of the 30'2 & 40's)?

Thanks

PAUL JOHNSON

yes paul.

leslie,howard steiner

his number and unit within the IOC was,sq/1530,went to the IOC 5-10-14,commissioned into the northumberland yeomanry 9-3-15,lived at 4 jasper rd,upper norwood,S.E 19

bernard

I have a memior from a Capt Dickson who states that three officers were commissioned into the Sherwood Foresters on the same date, himself, Hawken, and Lamb. But he says of Lamb that he was wounded in the Easter Rising during 1916 and was later killed in 1918 - can you double check date of death as if there was only one lamb then Dickson must be wrong.

hiya wig.sorry i only just saw your post,the only lamb who served with the sherwood foresters that went through the inns of court was this man

LT frank,miller lamb

notts+derby regt

joined the inns of court 15-7-15,his unit and number within the IOC was,4/6/1/4888,he was commissioned 9-1-1916,killed in action 21-3-16,he had been wounded twice previously,bernard

Hi Bernard,

Just wanted to say Thank You for the look up.

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON

Bernard

Can't remember if I've already asked you off-Forum about this chap (and if I have, then apologies coz I've lost the notes) but do you have anything on a Wilfred Reginald Leah?

He will have joined the OTC from 2/7 or 2/6 Manc on 11/9/15 and was later commissioned to the Royal Lancs (KIA 10/9/16).

Ta in advacne.

John

Bernard

Can't remember if I've already asked you off-Forum about this chap (and if I have, then apologies coz I've lost the notes) but do you have anything on a Wilfred Reginald Leah?

He will have joined the OTC from 2/7 or 2/6 Manc on 11/9/15 and was later commissioned to the Royal Lancs (KIA 10/9/16).

Ta in advacne.

John

hiya john,no you didnt ask mate,heres his details john.

wilfred,reginald leah

6/5/6437;inns of court number]

joined the inns of court officer cadet battalion on 19-10-15

commissioned into the royal lancasters 16-7-16 as a 2/LT

killed in france 9-9-16.

john theres a thomas leah listed as well,any relation,bernard

Thanks, mate. Your info confirms what I had

Thomas L isnt a brother at least. My chap only had a sister (who was a Red Cross nurse in Heaton Moor/Mersey)

John

here you go stu

percy,charles drake,6/2/8209, No 14 officer cadet batt,joined 7-12-15,comm devonshire regt,18-12-16, LT,indian army,I.P.E,invalided, lived at 24 panmuir rd,wimbledon,S.W.19

bernard

Hi Bernard,

Wow,I wasn't expecting a reply so fast.

Can you please tell me what the letters I.P.E. after the word army stand for.

Many thanks for your help.

Stu

hiya stu,i would have been quicker but i was trying to find out what the IPE stood for,sorry mate couldnt find anything,bernard

Could you please look up Harry Cecil Frank Drader ?

Thanx in advance

Stephen ;)

hiya delta,here he is,

harry,cecil,frank drader, 2/3765,joined 27-5-15,northumberland fusiliers on 15-8-15 seconded to the tank corps in france,major,MC,MID twice, lived,the rylands,colney hatch lane,N11

bernard

Hi Bernard,

Dick is right in the abbreviations, they are in the preface to appendix II in the O.T.C. book.

Andy

Do you have anything on Captain Willam Allen Keen? I have just found out he was in the IOC OTC and wondered if he was in there

Thanks Hambo

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Bernard!

I'd most grateful if you would please look up John Duncan BROWN. I have the following information on him. Grateful for any additions or corrections.

Cheers, and thanks,

Glen,

In Our Dominion of the North

---------------

J.D. Brown

Born: Northamptionshire, 20 April 1884

Education: BA, Clare College, Cambridge

2 Nov 1906: appointed to Ceylon Civil Service;

16 Sep 1917: returned to England for War Service; enrolled into Inns of Court OTC

11 Oct 1917: posted to Birkhamstead, OTC

14 Mar 1918: posted to Cadet No. 22 (Garrison) O.C.B.

18 Sep 1918: posted as 2nd Lieut to Labour Corps

6 Aug 1919: demobilised

Edited by Dominion-of-the-North

Do you have anything on Captain Willam Allen Keen? I have just found out he was in the IOC OTC and wondered if he was in there

Thanks Hambo

hiya hambo,sorry mate,only just seen your post,here goes.

K/C/2184,joined 26-11-14,comm into the middlesex regt 14-3-15,att to the west somerset yeomanry and the somerset L I, E P F, captain,died of wounds 5-9-18

bernard

hiya glen,here goes mate.

D/12102,joined IOC 11-10-17,garrison OCB 8-3-18,labour corps 4-9-18.

address given is,c/o crown agents for the colonies,4 millbank,S W 1

bernard

hiya hambo,sorry mate,only just seen your post,here goes.

K/C/2184,joined 26-11-14,comm into the middlesex regt 14-3-15,att to the west somerset yeomanry and the somerset L I, E P F, captain,died of wounds 5-9-18

bernard

Thanks Bernard

That's helped a great deal

Happy new year Hambo

• 4 weeks later...